Tafseer Surah Baqarah: (3 Reasons why people take fake shahada)
By Shaikh Abdullah Faisal
(morning dars 3.21.11)
13. And when it is said to them (hypocrites): "Believe as the people (followers of Muhammad Peace be upon him , Al-Ansar and Al-Muhajirun) have believed," they say: "Shall we believe as the fools have believed?" Verily, they are the fools, but they know not.
Who are the fools?
-- the kuffar call Muslims fools, but who are the real fools?
--Evil is become rife in your society and your society is decomposing
--You are depressed and are addicted to anti-depressants
--you are hearing voices and your mental homes are full
--why do you die from alcohol/drugs?
--why do you have so much suicide?
--why can’t you sleep and have to take sleeping tablets?
--why do you have AIDS/diseases/age quickly?
--if you abstain from haraam, you live in slow lane
--if you abstain for some haraam, you live in the middle lane
--if you live the life of the kaafir and indulge in every haraam, you live in the fast lane and it takes a toll on your health
--Shaitan (Satan) has made their deeds fair-seeming to them
"I found her and her people worshipping the sun instead of Allah, and Shaitan (Satan) has made their deeds fair-seeming to them, and has barred them from (Allah's) Way, so they have no guidance,(27:24)
--Jahiliyiah gives everybody a raw deal
--there is no fun rebelling against the commands of Allah
--they are addicted to all sorts of things, but therapy doesn’t work
--the only solution is Islam, not to get advice from another jahil kaafir
--without taqwah, you will never be able to get rid of your problems
--the pharmaceutical companies are laughing all the way to the bank
"But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Qur'an nor acts on its orders, etc.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection." He will say:"O my Lord! Why have you raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)." (20:124-125)
14. And when they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe," but when they are alone with their Shayatin (devils - polytheists, hypocrites, etc.), they say: "Truly, we are with you; verily, we were but mocking."
3 reasons why people become FAKE MUSLIMS
1. Want to marry a Muslim girl/boy (then doesn’t go to masjid)
It is not for the Mushrikun (polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah), to maintain the Mosques of Allah (i.e. to pray and worship Allah therein, to look after their cleanliness and their building, etc.), while they witness against their ownselves of disbelief. The works of such are in vain and in Fire shall they abide (9:17)
2. Want to benefit from the wealth of the ummah
The Bedouins say: "We believe." Say: "You believe not but you only say, 'We have surrendered (in Islam),' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you obey Allah and His Messenger (), He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (49:14)
3. Was planted in the community to spy (by fbi, cia, mi5, mossad)
(comes to masjid but doesn’t make wudu or doesn’t makes it properly)
--Allah will throw back their mockery at them and give them rope in their trespasses
--he will give them duties to perform and they will be unable because eeman is little/non-existent and they become exposed in front of the people
16. These are they who have purchased error for guidance, so their commerce was profitless. And they were not guided.
17. Their likeness is as the likeness of one who kindled a fire; then, when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in darkness. (So) they could not see.
--Allah will treat you the way you treat Him
--guidance is the most important in life (you ask for it 17x everyday)
They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not (to the Right Path). (2:14-18)
19. Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness, thunder, and lightning. They thrust their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunderclap for fear of death. But Allah ever encompasses the disbelievers (i.e. Allah will gather them all together).
--when a person is a hypocrite, they are always afraid that Allah is going to punish them and every thunderclap/lightening is intened for them and Allah is going to strike them down one day
20. The lightning almost snatches away their sight, whenever it flashes for them, they walk therein, and when darkness covers them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allah has power over all things.
21. O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).
--since Allah is the only creator, Allah only deserves to be worshipped
--He is using Tawheed Rubiyah fas hujjah for Tawheed Ibadayiihah
22. Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the sky as a canopy, and sent down water (rain) from the sky and brought forth therewith fruits as a provision for you. Then do not set up rivals unto Allah (in worship) while you know (that He Alone has the right to be worshipped).
--Why then worship false gods, what did they fo for you?
--What did your stone iols do for you? Don’t be ungrateful because only Allah and Allah alone has power to provide for you
This is the creation of Allah. So show Me that which those (whom you worship), besides Him have created. Nay, the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers and those who do not believe in the Oneness of Allah) are in plain error. (31:11)
23. And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'an) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a Surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful.
24. But if you do it not, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.
--the Qur’an has the higest level of Arabic, rhetoric, grammar and its the mother of all miracles and if you have any doubt produce a chapter like it (the shortest chapter is al-Khawthar - only 3 verses)
25. And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will abide therein forever.
--Jannah resembles what you had before time and all the Companions are pure (no stool, urine, menses)
Prophet said to an old woman, "An old woman cannot enter Paradise," she began to cry. Thereupon, he said to her, "You will be young then" (Tirmidhi).
26. Verily, Allah is not ashamed to set forth a parable even of a mosquito or so much more when it is bigger (or less when it is smaller) than it. And as for those who believe, they know that it is the Truth from their Lord, but as for those who disbelieve, they say: "What did Allah intend by this parable?" By it He misleads many, and many He guides thereby. And He misleads thereby only those who are Al-Fasiqun (the rebellious, disobedient to Allah).
--you can’t tell Allah(swt) how to teach people; accept his parables and learn lessons from it
27. Those who break Allah's Covenant after ratifying it, and sever what Allah has ordered to be joined (as regards Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism, and to practise its legal laws on the earth and also as regards keeping good relations with kith and kin ), and do mischief on earth, it is they who are the losers.
--it’s haraam to break family ties
The Prophet (pbuh) said “He who severs his family ties will not enter Paradise.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
--do not separate what needs to be joined; don’t separate Hadith from Qur’an
--you need Hadith to know how to implement the Qur’an
--(eg. Allah told you to pray but didn’t tell you how to pray, you need Hadith)
--The covenant Allah is talking about is he took you from the loins of adam and asked: Am I not your one and only lord? (Christians/Jews/pagans broke the covenant)
And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their loins, their seed (or from Adam's loin his offspring) and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord?" They said: "Yes! We testify," lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: "Verily, we have been unaware of this."(7:172)
***THERE’S NO EXCUSE FOR THE SHIRK OF IBADAH***
Question: What is the difference between Hadith and Sunnah, Can the example of the prophet be considered Hadith?
Answer: Hadith is anything the prophet said or did or things he approved of or disapproved of. Sunnah means something recommended. Every Sunnah is Hadith, but not every Hadith is Sunnah