Surah Baqarah: (The Reality of al Ghaib)
by Shaikh Abdullah Faisal
(morning dars 4.05.11)
1. Alif-Lam-Mim. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings]
2. This is the Book (the Qur'an), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqun [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]
3. Who believe in the Ghaib and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and spend out of what we have provided for them [i.e. give Zakat , spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allah's Cause - Jihad, etc.]
Characteristics of the people of taqwa:
1) believe in the unseen (al ghaib)
-Allah (No one can see Allah, Musa fell unconscious when Allah revealed his glory to the mountain, but if anyone claims to have seen Allah he is a liar/deviant and he must taubah otherwise killed as a heretic. He will be the only one not to fall unconscious on the day of judgement)
Other al ghaib-->
-the human soul
-Allah’s Messenger (saws)
--> The most difficult thing to believe from the al-ghaib is not Him, Allah but the Hellfire: Why?
1. Because whenever a man rejects Muhammad (saws) he will be in hellfire
"By Him (Allah) in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, there is none from amongst the Jews and the Christians (of these present nations) who hears about me and then dies without believing in the Message with which I have been sent (i.e. tawheed), but he will be from the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire." [Saheeh Muslim, vol. 1, no. 284]
2- Every time your skin melts out, out skin will be replaced to be burnt again
Surely! Those who disbelieved in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) We shall burn them in Fire. As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for other skins that they may taste the punishment. Truly, Allah is Ever Most Powerful, All-Wise. (4:56)
--Jehovahs witnesses believe in Allah but cant accept hereafter/hellfire!
--Goofy Sufis believe Hellfire will go out and the kuffar will enjoy themselves in hell same as Muslims enjoy themselves in paradise!
3. What is al-ghaib for some people might not be for other people
--for us Rasul(saw) is al ghaib, but not for the sahabah
--Rasul(saw) was a human, but not according to Sufis/Barlevis who describe him as “noor”
Say (O Muhammad ): "I am only a man like you. It has been inspired to me that your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God i.e. Allah). So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord." (18:110)
4. Your human body is not suitable to see Allah (then your test would be over)
5. It is easier to believe in Muhammad (saws) than earlier prophets because we know where he is buried (some nabis are more al-ghaib than others)
6- Angels are al ghaib for some people but not for other people (ie. Jibreel came to Muhammad to teach the Muslims their religion and Mujahideen also see them on the battlefield)
5 questions asked by the Angel Jibreel to the Rasul(saw) in masjid in Madina to teach the deen to the Muslims:
1. What is Islam?
2. What is eeman?
3. What is Ihsaan?
4. When is Judgment Day?
5. What are the signs before Judgment Day?
--Same with the jinn: people can sometimes see jinns
**black dog is the shaitan (because jinn like to possess black things)
--When you fight for the cause of Allah, the Angels will come to your aid!
And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help." (4:76)
7. We only know about al-ghaib that which Allah has been revealed to us
--There are people who exaggerate in their claim of al-ghaib (eg. Sufi/Shia)
--Whoever intentionally lies upon me, let him find his seat in the Hellfire, [Bukhari Vol.1 no.107]
--Sufis say Allah/Rasul appeared to them in broad daylight using it to elevate themselves in the eyes of the Muslims!
--Shias distort verses of Quran to attribute knowledge of unseen to their imams
Verily, We give life to the dead, and We record that which they send before (them), and their traces [their footsteps and walking on the earth with their legs to the mosques for the five compulsory congregational prayers, Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) and all other good and evil they did, and that which they leave behind], and all things We have recorded with numbers (as a record) in a Clear Book (36:12)
--Everything we have stored it up with an Imam (we say it means a book, but they say it is their Imam)
Al-Kaafi is their book that comes after the Quran! Shia lie in their own books:
Allah often lies and does mistakes. (Usool-e-Kaafi, page #328, Yaqoob Kulaini, V1)
**If you don’t hate these people for the sake of Islam, you’re not a Muslim because you’ need to have al wala wal baara [loving and hating for the sake of Allah]