Thursday, July 14, 2011
-135- Tafseer Surah Luqman: The Qur'an is a Wise Book
Tafseer Surah Luqman: al Qur’an, the Wise Book
by Shaikh Abdullah Faisal
(evening dars: 7.14.11)
Download Audio go to page
Their hearts are alike, (Al-Baqarah 2:118)
Bismillah. Alif¬Lam¬Mim. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings.] (Luqman 31:1)
-tafseer of Alif Alam Meem: these are letters amongst the miracles of ALLAH SWT
-this is according to Ibn Kathir RH and ibn Taymiyyah,
-but the Mu'tazilites say we know them.
Kaf¬ Ha¬Ya¬'Ain¬Sad. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings]. (Maryam 19:1)
-so we ask them, what about the other letters in other Surahs?
-They still bring up ridiculous explanation again and again.
-anyone who explains the Qur’an with his own opinion,
-he will take his seat in the fire
Say (O Muhammad SAW): "(But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al¬ Fawahish (great evil sins, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allah of which you have no knowledge." (Al-A'raf 7:33)
-if you say things about ALLAH SWT of which you have no knowledge,
-you are in great sin
-and you will be subjected to be punished,
-you are following "Dhan" (allegation); this is a sin
These are Verses of the Wise Book (the Qur'an). (Luqman 31:2)
Al Qur’an is Hakim, a wise book.
WHY IS THE HOLY QUR’AN A WISE BOOK?
1 ALLAH SWT is the Author of the Holy Qur’an and HE is the All-Wise
-some authors such as ibn Kathir or Qurtubi,
-we are reluctant to put their books down
-the knowledge in the books is extensive and it grabs our interest,
-if the author is wise, likewise the book will be wise
2 It was revealed in the best language: ARABIC
Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an in order that you may understand. (Yusuf 12:2)
-Arabic is the Sunnah of ALLAH SWT
-revealed the best Book : al- Qur’an in the most sacred month :
-Ramadan via HIS closest Angel: Jibril as
-to HIS best Prophet : Muhammad saws in the most sacred city: Makkah
-Makkah is holier than Madina
-huge argument between scholars as to which city is better,
-whether Makkah or Madina.
-The Malikis believe Madinah is better
-because the Rasul saws in better than the Ka'ba
-Arabic language has no ambiguity such as the English language
-the Arabic language is very precise, everything has masculine and feminine
Abu Bakr ra said were the Qur’an not revealed in Arabic, he wouldn’t believe that a man would resort to another man to fulfill his physical needs.
3 the Qur’an has no grammatical errors
-the poet does not practise what he preaches but
-Rasulallah saws did as the Qur’an told him to
"I was sent with the sword before the (Last) Hour so that Allah is worshipped, Alone, without partner." (A Sahih Hadeeth; Sahih al-Jami’ )
And (remember) when you (Muhammad SAW) left your household in the morning to post the believers at their stations for the battle (of Uhud). And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (Aali Imran 3:121)
--he did Jihad as the hadith says so, he was sent with the sword
-until Yawm al-Qiyamat, and he fought Jihad until he saws died
I was sent by the sword proceeding the judgment day and my livelihood is in the shadow of my spear and humiliation and submission are on those who disobey me" [Musnad Imam Ahmed (Vol. 2, p. 50)]
-poets recite to make money, they write about Love
-yet they have a high rate of divorce
-the wives of Rasulallah saws are part of Ahlul Bayt
-contrary to what the Shias say,
-their Aqeeda contradicts the Qur’an
Qala 'Innaka Lan Tastati`a Ma`iya Sabraan
He (Khidr) said: "Verily! You will not be able to have patience with me! (Al-Kahf 18:67)
-Qur’an is a textbook of the Arabic language, the Rasul saws didn’t read or write,
-yet what he recited from Qur’an was without any grammatical mistakes, this left the Quraish speechless
4 No Mistake or Inconsistency
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Leviticus 11:19
Genesis 6:6 6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
- one bible verse said God does not repent, then another verse said He repented *
- the Qur’an has no mistakes : why do the kufaar burn the Qur’an?
- because they envy you for the Qur’an
Will they not then ponder on the Qur'an? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein much incongruity. (4:82)
Allah is not the Author of confusion : so therefore its impossible to find a mistake in the Qur’an
5 al Qur’an does not contradict science
And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. 11:6
- this bible verse was used against the Jehovah Witnesses in South Africa
- if you are the principal in a school and you heard a teacher telling children
- that the rabbit chewed its cud; you would fire the teacher.
- because he brought the school into disrepute.
- yet this is a bible verse: the bible is
- responsible for causing many people to become atheists
Dr. Maurice Bucaille embraced Islam
-after reading the Qur’an : the Qur’an coincides with science
He hath loosed the two seas. They meet. (19) There is a barrier between them. They encroach not (one upon the other). (20) Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny? (21) (55:19-21)
- every river runs into the sea.. the waters come together in the sea. Allah said (55:19-21)
The lying, sinful forelock - (96:16)
Allah said: your lying sinful forelock : (96:16)
-the brain surgeons recently discovered
-that its that part of the brain that concocts lies.
- we covered tafseer of Surah Yusuf : (his brothers dumped him in the well)
- we have sibling rivalry until today
- (Zulaikha tried to seduce him) we have sexual harassment in the work place
- we need to have a scholar to point out
- the stories from the Qur’an so you can appreciate it
- people kill for sex, fatal attraction : Cain killed able.
- The Qur’an is a wise book ,. 6th reason : it is the greatest book of psychology.
- when you want to learn how people think, Read the Qur’an
And thus do We explain the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail, that the way of the Mujrimûn (criminals, polytheists, sinners), may become manifest. (Al-An'am 6:55)
- the scholars have said about this ayah: you have to learn fiqh al waaqi'
- you have to learn how the kufaar think, and how they plot
6 al Qur’an was sent down to solve problems
-- and to answer questions
7 It was revealed to solve the mistakes of the Prophet
- Allah allowed Muhammad to make mistakes so that people did not worship him
- the borealis, get offended when you say that Muhammad made mistakes
- they worship Muhammad in the grave!
It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allâh desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise. (Al-Anfal 8:67)
4 occasions the Prophet (saws) made mistake:
1) he took captives and set them free, Allah told him he made a mistake.
And never (O Muhammad SAW) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (hypocrites) who dies, nor stand at his grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allâh and His Messenger, and died while they were Fâsiqûn (rebellious, - disobedient to Allâh and His Messenger SAW). (At-Tawbah 9:84)
2) the Rasool prayed over Abdullah ibn Obaiy :
-- Umar told the Rasool not to pray over him because he was a munafiqh,
-- Umar was right and the prophet was wrong
O Prophet! Why do you ban (for yourself) that which Allâh has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (At-Tahrim 66:1)
3) the Rasool made honey haraam for himself : Allah corrected him with (At-Tahrim 66:1)
If an Apostle were to succeed me, it would have been 'Umar bin Khattab." (Tirmidhi, Kitab-ul- Manaqib)
4) the Rasool Frowned
(The Prophet (Peace be upon him)) frowned and turned away, ('Abasa 80:1)
-- the Shia said that Muhammad didn’t frown , they claim it was Abu Jahl
And verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) are on an exalted standard of character. (Al-Qalam 68:4)
- they say how could Muhammad frown because Allah has said :
- Muhammad is an exalted standard of character. (Al-Qalam 68:4
And (remember) when Mûsa (Moses) said to his people: "Verily, Allâh commands you that you slaughter a cow." They said, "Do you make fun of us?" He said, "I take Allâh's Refuge from being among Al-Jâhilûn (the ignorants or the foolish)." (Al-Baqarah 2:67)
Hislam is a made up version of Islam
- the Shia say the cow in Surah Al Baqarah 2:67 is Aisha
- We practice ISLAM : they practice HISLAM : they make up their own religion
- make up your mind which you want to practise.
8 al Qur’an does not contradict human needs (our natural instincts)
- Allah knows men love women much : so He allows you to do polygamy
- some want an "Aisha" or a "Khadijah" and some want both
9 The Qur’an did not put on you a burden more than you can bear : 2:286
Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. (2:286)
10 Allah ‘tala made it easy to memorize
And in truth We have made the Qur'an easy to remember; but is there any that remembereth? (54:17)
So set thy purpose (O Muhammad) for religion as a man by nature upright - the nature (framed) of Allah, in which He hath created man. There is no altering (the laws of) Allah's creation. That is the right religion, but most men know not - (30:30)
11 The Qur’an is the Greatest History book
3 reasons it’s a great history book:
1) history repeats itself
2) The Sunnah of Allah will never change
-the human nature will never change
3) the plots of the shaytan will never change
12 The Qur’an was revealed in a rhythmic form
-- that makes it beautiful to recite and listen to
-- when it is recited you are supposed to listen and keep quiet
And when the Qur'an is recited, give ear to it and pay heed, that ye may obtain mercy. (7:204)