Saturday, October 22, 2011
Radio Program: [ Who is a Real Man? ]
BESSFM.COM RADIO STATION: WEEKLY LIVE RADIO INTERVIEW
Questions by Dr. O’Connor [Jamaican Herbalist]
w/ Answers by Shaikh Abdullah Faisal [Jamaican cleric]
(Saturday, October 22, 2011)
TOPIC: “WHO IS A REAL MAN”
Notes are Typed in real time by AT-10
Formatting and Editing by AT-5 and AT-21
Download Audio go to page
QUESTION: WAS GHADAFFI A REAL MAN?
-not because you are a male you are a real man
-and Ghadaffi can’t be called a real man
-we have 10 conditions that qualify someone to be a real man
QUESTION: WERE THE LEADERS IN EGYPT, TUNISIA (AND GHADAFFI) ISLAMIC LEADERS FOLLOWING ISLAM?
-Ghadaffi came in power through the American tanks
-and then he betrayed them
-Ghadaffi did not implement Sharia law and
-so he cannot be called an Islamic leader
-Ghaddfi’s coup was not a bloody coup like the other leaders
-but when he grabbed power he became a socialist
-and suffered from megalomania
-he wrote a book called the Green Book and he started having a God complex
-Hosni Mubarak stole the wealth of the Egyptians
-he has 80 billion is his account and is suppose to stand trial
-these men were free masons and followed Arab socialism
-they imprisoned the scholars and killed some
-and did not implement Sharia
-they all hated Islam
SHAIKH IN UNIVERSITY:
When shaikh was in university in Saudi Arabia, Shaikhs room mate was a Syrian, he told shaikh, if you are suspected of being a fundamentalist, they put the Muslim man and a woman together in the cell, naked! - they will rape your wife in front of you.
QUESTION: WHO ARE THE FREE MASONS?
ANSWER: The free masons are men who have sold their souls to the devil
- in exchange for pomp and glitter of this world
- the highest branch is 30 degree free mason
- they have different branches
- the knight’s templars are free masons:
- they are the people who killed the innocents in Palestine.
- they used to BBQ and eat the flesh of the dead
- they were also bankers?
- the Rothschild’s family financed the knight’s templars
- French revolution was the first to be financed
- "let them eat cakes" triggered off the French revolution.
QUESTION: WAS GEORGE BUSH THE FATHER, WAS HE A FREE MASON?
-it’s impossible to be a world leader unless you are a free mason
-the free masons hate poor people.
-if you are rich they will invite you to join their cult
-they will tell you they will destroy your business
-if you don’t become a free mason
-a lot of doctors, lawyers and businessmen
-become free masons to be successful (in this life)
Nicola Sarkozy of France: when there was an uprising,
-he called the poor (normal working class people) "scum bags"!
-they do not give you dole (welfare) because they love you:
-it’s only because they want to suppress an uprising.
-Syria: the soldier will hold a gun against you,
-if you don’t say that Bashar al Asad is a god he will shoot you.
-the government in Syria must go: once you kill
-your own people your legitimacy is over
-the UN tried to make a resolution condemning Syria:
-but Russia and china vetoed
-the US was very upset about it; they walked out of the meeting.
-they said it was a trick
-because they have billions of dollars worth of deals
-with Syria (Russia and china):
-they supply weapons to Syria
China and Russia are saying they "don’t give a damn,
- that he is killing his own people, he’s our client"
- The ruler of Tunisia made polygamy illegal, but allowed adultery
- these mad dogs of the mid-east would steal the wealth of the people
- and none of them implemented Islamic law.
- they kill and dump the Muslims (their scholars) in prisons
QUESTION: ANYONE THAT SAYS THAT THE PEOPLE OF LIBYA, EGYPT, SYRIA, TUNISIA, etc [THAT THEY] ARE REBELLING AGAINST ISLAM, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THEM?
ANSWER: See ..
The Green Book:
Gaddafi wrote in his Green Book:
- women menstruate but men do not
- even a nine year old girl knows this...
- they are poorly educated: Saleh of Yemen
-didn’t even finish his primary school.
- they grab power by force
- they don’t implement Islam in their countries.
- the leader of Tunisia banned hijab in university
- in UK, you can go to school and university
- in hijab or even niqaab (hair covering: veil)
- these men didn’t implement Islam, they banned Islam.
- that’s why the people are rebelling
- the people want Islam
- if you are ok with and leave Bashar al Assad: then you need to
- apologize for helping remove Ghadaffi and the rest
QUESTION: THE DEATH OF THE SAUDI ROYAL HEIR TO THE THRONE: WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS FAMILY?
ANSWER: The Saudis are watching the events very closely
- they are worried
- the Saudis are rich, and they are providing well for the people.
- you will find that the last country to up rise will be Saudi Arabia
QUESTION: DO MUSLIMS MEDITATE?
- we meditate and pray 5 times a day every day.
- its called dhikr: remembering Allah (God)
- those who do not remember Allah, he will be assigned a devil to be his companion.
The Messenger of Allah said, "The world, with all that it contains, is accursed except for dhikr (the remembrance of Allah) that which pleases Allah; and the religious scholars and seekers of knowledge.'' [At-Tirmidhi]
- your meditation will be your protection against the devil
And whosoever turns away (blinds himself) from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allah) (i.e. this Qur'an and worship of Allah), We appoint for him Shaitan (Satan ¬ devil) to be a Qarin (an intimate companion) to him. (Az-Zukhruf 43:36)
QUESTION: Dr O'Connor was reading a book: If you do not know something you should find someone who knows and follow them; is that good advice?
A group He has guided, and a group deserved to be in error; (because) surely they took the Shayatin (devils) as Auliya' (protectors and helpers) instead of Allah, and consider that they are guided. (Al-A'raf 7:30)
ANSWER: Yes, go to those who know. Allah said in Quran: 7:33
- mis information and disinformation:
- disinformation, deliberately set out to misguide the person.
- mis-information: not really knowing but just saying what you have heard.
Say (O Muhammad SAW): "(But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al¬ Fawahish (great evil sins, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allah for which He has given no authority,
and saying things about Allah of which you have no knowledge." (Al-A'raf 7:33)
And his people came rushing towards him, and since aforetime they used to commit crimes (sodomy, etc.), he said: "O my people! Here are my daughters (i.e. the daughters of my nation), they are purer for you (if you marry them lawfully). So fear Allah and degrade me not as regards my guests! Is there not among you a single right-minded man?" (Hud 11:78)
QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A REAL MAN?
1. HE NEEDS TO BE WISE
-you have to think with your brain and not your private parts
-if you do not do this you die from AIDS
-a thousand people die of Aids in South Africa.
-why? because people think with their private parts not their brains
-the first characteristic of a real man is wisdom
2. HE SHOULD BE A SHEPHERD OF HIS WORD
- the second: characteristic of a real man is that he stands by his word
Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah [i.e. they have gone out for Jihad (holy fighting), and showed not their backs to the disbelievers], of them some have fulfilled their obligations (i.e. have been martyred), and some of them are still waiting, but they have never changed [i.e. they never proved treacherous to their covenant which they concluded with Allah] in the least. (Al-Ahzab 33:23)
- if a man is known to break his promises, you are not to trust him.
- a real man is not fraudulent, trickster or con artist.
Verily! The worst of (moving) living creatures with Allah are the deaf and the dumb, those who understand not (i.e. the disbelievers). (Al-Anfal 8:22)
- if you don’t think for yourself, using your brain: you become like a beast.
- when a woman wants a husband, the first question
- the woman asks is: Is the man educated?
- a real man: what does he feel about hygiene?
- a man must be clean
3. THIRD CHARACTERISTIC IS HE HAS TO BE HYGIENIC
Narrated Abu Malik Al-Harith bin Aasim Al-Ash’ari: Allah’s Messenger said, “Cleanliness is half of Faith; the utterance of Allah (Al-hamdu lillah – all praise belongs to Allah) fills the scales of good actions; [MUSLIM]
- he must brush his teeth and shower, it is a valid reason
- for divorce if a man or woman is not hygienic.
QUESTION: HOW DID THE HADITH REACH US?
-these hadith: How do we know that these are the real sayings of Muhammad? (salah Allahu alayhi wasalam) Is there a science?
- yes, we have a chain of transmitters leading back to Muhammad.
- if someone was a liar in the chain of transmitters
- then the hadith may be rejected.
- the sayings of the prophet are classified:
- we have strong, weak and fabricated hadith.
- I do not quote fabricated hadith, as that would be lying.
- but we can use a weak hadith to encourage good deeds.
THE SCHOLARS HAVE DERIVED LESSONS:
1. a man has dominion over his wife. he calls her to bed when he feels like it
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "If a man calls his wife to bed and she refuses and in that she upsets him, the angels will continue to curse her until the morning." [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
2. a real man calls a woman to bed not a man.
I marry women. Whoever turns away from my Sunnah is not of me.”(Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)
3. a real man is not impotent
4. the angels curse human beings
- they have the power to curse
5. A real man marries a woman he is attracted to.
- you are not allowed to get married unless there is chemistry
And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan¬ girls, then marry (other) women of your choice… (An-Nisa 4:3)
- you are not allowed to live a lie, and marry a woman who you are not attracted to.
- a man in the UK, was living to a woman he was not attracted to, he became impotent!
QUESTION: What about fatal attraction?
- fatal attraction is when you kill for sex.
- 1 reason is that the male ego was punctured, his pride was hurt.
- not everyone is able to cope with rejection gracefully.
- another reason: a man has been with a woman for 25 years, she’s now 40...
- she’s an expert in the bedroom. he cannot allow another man
- to enjoy what he cannot enjoy.
- a woman asked shaikh to perform her marriage,
- her ex husband called shaikh
- warning that if he was to perform the marriage:
- their friendship would be over.
- the first man to be murdered. Cain killed Abel
- because he didn’t want to allow him to marry his twin sister.
And (O Muhammad SAW) recite to them (the Jews) the story of the two sons of Adam [Habil (Abel) and Qabil (Cain)] in truth; when each offered a sacrifice (to Allah), it was accepted from the one but not from the other. The latter said to the former: "I will surely kill you." The former said: "Verily, Allah accepts only from those who are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2)." (Al-Ma'idah 5:27)
"If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you, for I fear Allah; the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns, and all that exists)." (Al-Ma'idah 5:28)
- when you kill a man (for no reason) you will take all his sins from him.
- a real man doesn’t get involved in fatal attraction
- a real man accepts rejection gracefully and moves on.
QUESTION: WHAT ABOUT A MAN WHO’S NOT JEALOUS OVER HIS WIFE?
- if you’re not jealous over your wife, you have lost your status as a man.
- a man with small genitalia is violent.
Abdullah ibn Umar reported that the Prophet said: "Three people will not enter paradise, and Allaah will not look to them on the Day of Judgment: the one who is disobedient to his parents, the woman who imitates men and the ad-Dayooth." (Ahmad)
- jealousy is praiseworthy in Islamic culture. but frowned upon in the west.
- a woman is not allowed to flirt with another man to see if he’s jealous.
- in the west people do wife swapping.
QUESTION: WHAT ABOUT THE EFFEMINATE MAN?
ANSWER: Sissy is anti-man, called a “Sheila”
Ibn ‘Abbas: "The Prophet cursed men who act like women and women who act like men, and said, 'Drive them from your houses.' He expelled such people, and ‘Umar did it as well. [Bukhari]
- the Arabic word is mukhannath. The prophet said we should drive them out.
- for you to be a real man you have to be a "he-man" not a "she-man"
- you are not allowed to dress in female clothing
- and women are not allowed to dress in male clothing
- you are not allowed to be confused about your sexuality
- if you were born with male body parts, it is clear that God intended this for you.
- you must be not attracted to males nor behave feminine.
QUESTION: DOES A REAL MAN BECOME ANGRY EASILY?
...but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. (Al-Baqarah 2:228)
- A real man must use his brain, thereby being rational.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17) King James Version
- there are many women in the church, Christianity is emotional.
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John 5:30) King James Version
- if you use your rational you will leave the church. mostly women go to church, they are emotional not rational.
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37) King James Version
- these pastors use the church like a business
- IT IS ANTI ISLAMIC TO BOMB A CHURCH
- 80% of those go to church are women.
- there are people who are ashamed, that they have been tricked
- into believing that Jesus is God.
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:17) King James Version
- it might take us 200 years to take the Jamaicans out of Christianity!
- even though I am quoting from the bible
But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matthew 24:36) King James Version
- Jesus (Peace be upon him) said, he didn’t know when judgment day was.
- How can God not know when Judgment day is. ?
- I (shaikh) was 16 when I became a Muslim,
- and abandoned Christianity.
And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? (Mark 12:28) King James Version
1st COMMANDMENT: WORSHIP GOD ALONE.
- you can get a copy of the lecture from the studio.
QUESTION: WHAT ABOUT A HERMAPHRODITE? (A PERSON WHO IS BORN WITH BOTH GENITALS)
- you must go to a Muslim, Christian or Jewish doctor,
- and he must not be homosexual.
- the doctor will do tests and decide which hormones they find are more dominant.
- you will undergo an operation
- you must then live your life as what you have decided upon.
- it’s beneficial to take medication to enhance the hormone that you need.
QUESTION: WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE FULLY DEVELOPED?
ANSWER: The doctor can still do these tests
- you cannot swing both ways.
- it’s not permissible to stay this way.
- to be born with normal private parts,
- which is a great blessing from God which we take for granted.
- some hermaphrodites commit suicide.
- when you have the normal body parts, to have children,
- this is a great blessing from God.
QUESTION: HOW DOES A REAL MAN BALANCE BETWEEN FINANCIAL LIFE AND SPIRITUALITY.
ANSWER: You are not allowed to be a materialist,
- allowing your money to take you away from God.
- the other side of the spectrum is a spiritualist,
- he spends all his time in the mosque
- and does not feed his family nor go to work for his money.
- a real man is balanced
- Allah told us:
Thus We have made you [true Muslims - real believers of Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad) be a witness over you... (Al-Baqarah 2:143)
- you are not allowed to lose your balance in regards to these two crucial issues.
- the Christians worship Jesus, the Jews deny Jesus, but the Muslim is balanced,
-we do not worship Jesus nor deny him. Peace be upon him.
QUESTION: WHEN YOU HEAR THE TERM ISLAMIC EXTREMIST; WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
ANSWER: This is talking about terrorists: terrorist plants bombs in public places.
- there are some states in America where they kill the murderer.
- There has been some public outcries about this:
- because there have been miscarriages of justice....
- the white man in Canada won’t kill you for being black,
- but the white man in America
- will not worry about sending you to the gallows.
- the people from Sweden and Norway,
- don’t have as much hatred in their hearts
- towards blacks, like in America and UK
- it’s unfair to paint every man with the same brush.
- what about a man who doesn’t maintain his wife?
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means...(An-Nisa 4:34)
A real man pays bills, and takes care of his wife.
- if you cannot pay your bills you have lost your status as a real man.
- if you don’t give your wife money for her shopping,
- such as to maintain herself and a household
- then you have lost your sexual rights
- if a woman doesn’t obey her husband she has lost her financial rights.
QUESTION: CAN YOU GIVE US AN EXAMPLE OF A REBELLIOUS WIFE?
ANSWER: A woman who does not go to bed with her husband is rebellious
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "If a man calls his wife to bed and she refuses and in that she upsets him, the angels will continue to curse her until the morning." [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
- sometimes she is allowed to refuse.
- if she is menstruating.
- when she is fasting.
- if he abuses her verbally or physically she can say no.
- a man can not rape his wife.
A real man helps the weak.
- Moses was in Egypt, he saw an Egyptian soldier beating a Hebrew.
- Moses punched the soldier once and he died.
Then when he decided to seize the man who was an enemy to both of them, the man said: "O Mûsa (Moses)! Is it your intention to kill me as you killed a man yesterday? Your aim is nothing but to become a tyrant in the land, and not to be one of those who do right." (Al-Qasas 28:19)
- the man called on Moses the next day, but Moses said you are a trouble maker.
And there came a man running, from the farthest end of the city. He said: "O Mûsa (Moses)! Verily, the chiefs are taking counsel together about you, to kill you, so escape. Truly, I am to you of those who give sincere advice." (Al-Qasas 28:20)
- the man cried out. Is it your intention to kill me as you killed a man yesterday?
- the Pharaoh found out about this
- even though Moses was his adopted son, he wanted to make an example out of him .
A real man came to the rescue of the weak
- Moses was the weak, and the strong was the pharaoh.
then ran out of Egypt to save his life, because: a word to the wise is sufficient.
QUESTION: WHAT DOES BRAVE AND TRUTHFUL MEAN ISLAMICALLY?
- the reason why I mentioned this.
- there was a man who was a leper
- people went to him telling him they will be able to cure his leprosy.
- many people conned him, he paid them money but they could not cure him.
- 3 messengers came to the city and were able to cure him.
And there came running from the farthest part of the town, a man, saying: "O my people! Obey the Messengers; (Ya-Sin 36:20)
"Obey those who ask no wages of you (for themselves), and who are rightly guided. (Ya-Sin 36:21)
-a man asked what would be the payment, they told him:
-just abandon your worship of idols and worship one God.
- this man came running from the farthest part of the city,
-even though he knew the people were blood thirsty.
"And why should I not worship Him (Allah Alone) Who has created me and to Whom you shall be returned. (Ya-Sin 36:22)
“Shall I take besides Him aliha (gods), if the Most Beneficent (Allah) intends me any harm, their intercession will be of no use for me whatsoever, nor can they save me? (Ya-Sin 36:23)
- he still made the call to worship of God Alone, (even though he knew they would kill him)
"Then verily, I should be in plain error. (Ya-Sin 36:24)
Verily! I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me!" (Ya-Sin 36:25)
QUESTION: What happened to him?
ANSWER: They stoned him to death and trampled on him, then burned him.
- they were so upset about the message of monotheism
It was said (to him when the disbelievers killed him): "Enter Paradise." He said: "Would that my people knew! (Ya-Sin 36:26)
- even after that: he didn’t carry any grudges against them.
- he said: "Would that my people knew!
"That my Lord (Allah) has forgiven me, and made me of the honoured ones!" (Ya-Sin 36:27)
You say he has gone to paradise: But the first person to enter paradise is the prophet Muhammad (saw)?
And We sent not against his people after him a host from heaven, nor do We send (such a thing). (Ya-Sin 36:28)
This mans soul is in paradise but not his body,
-(yes, the first person body and soul to enter paradise will be Muhammad)
It was but one Saihah (shout, etc.) and lo! They (all) were silent (dead-destroyed). (Ya-Sin 36:29)
- All it took to destroy these people was one blast!
- the three people that went to the city were from the disciples of Jesus.
A real man will speak the truth,
- even putting his life on the line.
- other characteristics of a real man: That he is firm, resolute and patient.
- you cannot be like the politicians,
- who will say what ever the people want to hear, for them to be elected.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE Eid of the Sacrifice?
ANSWER: The tradition goes back to Ishmael. (not Isaac as the bible says.)
- the sacrificial son was Ishmael.
- Ishmael was 13 years older than Isaac, God Told Ibrahim
- to sacrifice his one only son.
- so therefore could not be Isaac.
QUESTION: DO YOU KNOW THAT THE CHRISTIANS FIND IT OFFENSIVE WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THAT TO BEGET MEANS TO HAVE SEX?
- A Christian is not very careful about their religion.
- Muslims are very meticulous about their religion.
- we don’t eat pork, nor drink wine.
- We go for pilgrimage to Makkah. And we make sacrifice of an animal.
- (Cow, sheep., camel)
- Eid is 6th Nov this year
- we celebrate for 4 days
- We have a special prayer of Eid, (it is better to pray in a park, not a masjid)
- the other 3 days we spend time with family and relatives.
The first house built for worship of God, is the house of the Kaaba.
- this is an historic house built by Ibrahim and his son
- it is compulsory for every Muslim to make hajj once in his life time.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE STONING OF THE PILLARS?
ANSWER: When Ibrahim was asked to sacrifice his son,
-the devil came to him telling him not to
- Ibrahim stoned the devil, so we re-enact this.
- the running between the two hills of Safa and Marwa:
- symbolizes the running of Hagar ( The Wife of Ibrahim)
Indeed love for the water of Zamzam is safety from hypocrisy.” (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
QUESTION: JESUS CAME AFTER ABRAHAM: THE CHRISTIANS WILL SAY THAT YOU MUST ACCEPT JESUS TO BE SAVED? WHAT RELIGION WAS ABRAHAM?
ANSWER: Abraham was a Muslim. He was a monotheist.
Ibrahim (Abraham) was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone) and he was not of Al-Mushrikûn (See V.2:105). (Aali Imran 3:67)
Many people lived before Jesus and they went to heaven: because they worshipped God Alone.