CONFERENCE: ALLAH IS PREPARING US FOR VICTORY
Abu Talha: Resist to Exist
It is a great blessing on all of us to have concern
- about the issues of the Ummah.
- the prophet salah Allahu alayhi wasalam warned us
- that we would not be from him
- if we were not concerned for the ummah.
Resist To Exist.
- from the angle that most of us are living
- in the so-called civilization of the western world.
- the first topic of hijrah from dar ul kufr
- to dar ul Islam is of great importance.
- but we cannot really call it a civilization
- because there is NOTHING civilized about KUFR AND SHIRK
- Resist to Exist. - we see those who are born
- in non Muslim lands, given Muslim names.
- an ugly phrase that they say is that Islam simply means "Peace"
- the falsehood that is now told: Islam means peace
- there is no resistance in Islam
- or that there is no resistance in Islam
- the picture of the prophet salah Allahu alyhi wasalam
- is given that he was old and frail and defeated
- the so called Muslims write books depicting Muhammad SAW
- as an old, weak bodied man -
- this picture is now emulated and followed
- but this is a lie about the Rasul SAW
- an absolute lie
Ali (ra) used to say: when we used to be in the heat of battle,
- we used to HIDE behind the back of Muhammad SAW
- Allah has told us that we have the greatest
- example in the prophet that we must follow.
- so this mentality of non resistance
- which has been attributed to Rasul SAW
- and has been encouraged: they say if you don’t follow this,
- you are extreme, radical, Khawrij, etc
Ali (r.a.) said: 'When the war become hot and we met and faced the enemy, we shielded ourselves behind the Messenger of Allah (s.w.t) and there was no one who was closer to the enemy than he was'. [Ahmed]
- they said that Jesus would turn the other cheek
- if he was hit on the other one.
- the false portrayal of Isa (a.s) that he would turn the other cheek
- they say that he was being tortured by the Romans.
- what they Christians portray is that Jesus
- would get up and be beat back down again
Our Rasool (saw) said about the Romans: they are of certain qualities,
- when they are stricken with a difficulty,
- they will get up again in order to resist to exist.
- who has the right for this claim: resisting to exist
- we the Muslims have more right to this concept.
- to speak about these issues requires certain qualities:
- we need to be brave
- pre condition for resistance.
- at least to speak the truth, if we don’t
- struggle and fight for the sake of Allah.
- bravery is an intrinsic part of Eeman.
-which is opposite of bravery
-is one of the main reasons for people not to resist to exist?
-we look at the sunnah of our Rasool (saw): He made dua to Allah:
-"oh Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness"
-Allah (swt) deserved only for the believers success and happiness
-Allah has decreed that the victory is for
-the messengers and those with him. (the believers)
-a coward can NOT resist
In another hadith, narrated upon the authority of 'Ali ibn Abee Taalib (May Allah be pleased with him) who said: "The Prophet peace be upon him commanded Ibn Mas'ood to climb up a tree in order to bring him something from it. The companions (of the Prophet peace be upon him) saw the legs of Ibn Mas'ood when he climbed the tree and they began to laugh at the skinniness of his legs. The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him said: 'What are you laughing at The legs of Abd-Allah will weigh more on the scale than mount Uhud on the Day of Judgment.'" Its isnaad was classed as Hasan by al-Albaani in Sharh al-Tahhaawiyyah, no. 571, p. 418
We do not mean physical strength:
- ibn Masood used to stand on the tree:
- his legs were so small that the Sahabah used to laugh at him.
- the coward fears the fear of death
- the women of the Mongols killed the Muslim men with their swords
- we say "is it a possibility that a woman amongst the
- Mongols killed a man amongst the Muslims
- the Muslims men didn’t resist, rather they put their heads
- on the ground to be slaughtered
- the Muslim men didn’t even run away to save themselves
- the Mongolian woman will put a Muslim man on the ground and try to cut his head,
- she will not find a sword, and she will order the Muslim
- man to stay still as she gets the sword
- when she comes back she finds the Muslim man in fear
- this was the extent of the fear in their hearts
- their legs were frozen with fear, to the point
- that they weren’t able to run away!
Gulab Khan, after Genghis Khan, came to Damascus
- the frightened ulama came to him, but among the ulama was a brave man
- Shaikh ul Islam ibn Taymiyyah
- ibn Taymiyyah stood up and gave the khan such Naseeah
- he spoke the haqq in the face of that tyrant
Shaikhul Islam ibn Taymiyyah spoke the truth to the tyrant!
- they thought they would be hippies for a little while!
- they thought that would spare their lives
- Shaikh ul Islam resisted even by his WORD
- they didn’t resist to exist
-The leader of the Shuhadah is Hamza ibn Abdul Muttalib
The master of the martyrs is Hamza ibn Abdul Mattalib, and a man who stands (in front of) an oppressive ruler and enjoins the good and forbids the evil and so is killed for it (Hakim)
- the Rasool (saw) said: Hamza ibn abdul Muttalib
- was the leader of the Shuhadah.
- and the one who stands in front of a tyrant and gets killed
- is the greatest jihad
- the one that speaks a word of Haqq in front of a tyrant leader
- will be the greatest of the Shuhadah
Shaikhul Islam knew it and practiced it.
- The leader of the Mongols was so impressed by Ibn Taymiyyah
- that he left and decided not to touch the Muslims for 3 years
- and that was due to the words of Ibn Taymiyyah that moved his heart
- for the earthly gain: the Rasool (saw) said:
- when someone comes to take your property
- you must resist, if you are killed in that way you are shaheed.
- when someone comes to take your property (even as little as you cell phone),
- and if you resist and die, you will have the death of a Shaheed
Sa’eed ibn Zayd (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “He who is killed in defence of his property is a martyr. He who is killed in self defence is a martyr. He who is killed in defence of his religion is a martyr. And, he who is killed in defence of his family is a martyr.” [Abu Dawud 4772, Nisai 4102, Ibn e Majah 2580, Ahmed 1652, Tirmidhi 1426]
- the person may die, but his existence continues in aakhirah:
- and his deed remains behind here.
- we are tested a lot in the western world
- there are many shaykh who are in jails of the kuffaar.
- they are teaching the resistance!
- Allah said: Those who sit still:
- and we hope we are not from them,
- that we are at least doing the minimum
..but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward; (An-Nisa 4:95)
-who sit still (al-Qa’idoon)
Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward; (An-Nisa 4:95)
Degrees of (higher) grades from Him, and Forgiveness and Mercy. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (An-Nisa 4:96)
-other than those who are disabled, and have an excuse.
-Al-Qa’idoon are not equal to those who go out FI Sabilillah
-and strive with their lives & wealth
HERE IS A WARNING:
-those who strive in Allah’s cause are higher than the Qa’idoon
-although they will both be rewarded
-if we are not doing something that Allah has promised great reward.
-that we must be using at least our speech.
-the 10 days in Dhul Hijjah are the best of days in Allah’s sight
-the Rasool (Saw) said: the 10 days of Dhul hijjah
-are the best days in reward
-except the one who goes out fisabeelillah.
Ibn 'Abbas reports that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "No good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these days [meaning the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah]." The companions asked, "O Messenger of Allah, not even jihad in the way of Allah?" He said, "Not even jihad, except for the man who puts his life and wealth in danger [for Allah's sake] and returns with neither of them." [This is related by the group except Muslim and an-Nasa'i]
- we are surrounded by nifaaq and cowardice:
- then let us at least struggle to say a word!
- are you relying on someone else: it is a blessing that Allah has given us.
- not fearing the blame of the blamers when they are going to blame us anyhow.
- our speaking, our resistance is in order to exist.
- the sisters in France and other countries should not take
- off their niqaab but resist
- and make Hijrah to another country and resist to exist
- the woman in France or Belgium in niqaab who is being oppressed,
- she should know that her resistance
- is good for the people to follow her example
- or she should make hijrah.
- or the man who resists shaving or shortening the beard
- the kufaar to be aware of our resistance.
Brother Tariq who wrote poetry in jail is resistance
- Our brother Tarek writing his poetry is resistance
- the one who speaks out and defends his brothers rights
- this gives message to others to resist.
Resist to exist!
Sayid Qutb was not a "traditional shaikh":
-he was behind the bars speaking
-about things that the prophet and the companions used to speak about .
-he could have just put his head down!..
-he didn’t have the Tajweed that we have, but he resisted
-he was asked by the Shaikh of al-Azhar to say
-''Sorry'' but he refused
-he was hung the day after he said: the finger of the Shahadah
-wouldn’t write something which is against Allah
-his teachings are still here,
-annoying the kuffaar and the Tawagheet
-and filling the hearts of the believers
-we don’t want to have the guilty feelings
-that we should have done something we didn’t do.
-and was killed and his book '''Milestones''
-couldn’t have been written by any other man
-than him because such a book could only be written by a man who resisted
The town in Syria: Homes
-which is being bombed today and yesterday
-they stayed silent and didn’t resist for many years
-Now they are going to resist to exist!
-there was a complaint against a governor: Saeed ibn Aammir
-Sa'eed ibn Aamir, when he was a Mushrik,
-heard that a Sahabi named Khubayb was captured
-they were about to execute Khubayb,
-but he asked to pray 2 raka'at before his execution
-and he said to the Kuffaar that he would’ve continued to make more Salah
-but the Kuffaar would believe that he was afraid of death
he was a witness of the martyr of Khubayb Al-Ansari in Makkah
-As the people of Quraysh
-cut his body into small pieces, they said,
-“Do you want to save yourself and see Muhammad (SAW)
-in your place instead”
And he answered, “By Allah, I will not accept your offer of setting me free to return to my family safe and sound, even if you gave me all the splendor and ornaments of this life in return for exposing the Prophet (SAW) to the slightest harm, even if that harm was as small as the prick of a thorn!”
Narrated By Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle sent a Sariya of ten men as spies under the leadership of 'Asim bin Thabit al-Ansari, the grandfather of 'Asim bin Umar Al-Khattab. They proceeded till they reached Hadaa, a place between 'Usfan, and Mecca, and their news reached a branch of the tribe of Hudhail called Bani Lihyan. About two-hundred men, who were all archers, hurried to follow their tracks till they found the place where they had eaten dates they had brought with them from Medina. They said, "These are the dates of Yathrib (i.e. Medina), "and continued following their tracks When 'Asim and his companions saw their pursuers, they went up a high place and the infidels circled them. The infidels said to them, "Come down and surrender, and we promise and guarantee you that we will not kill any one of you" 'Asim bin Thabit; the leader of the Sariya said, "By Allah! I will not come down to be under the protection of infidels. O Allah! Convey our news to Your Prophet. Then the infidels threw arrows at them till they martyred 'Asim along with six other men, and three men came down accepting their promise and convention, and they were Khubaib-al-Ansari and Ibn Dathina and another man So, when the infidels captured them, they undid the strings of their bows and tied them. Then the third (of the captives) said, "This is the first betrayal. By Allah! I will not go with you. No doubt these, namely the martyred, have set a good example to us." So, they dragged him and tried to compel him to accompany them, but as he refused, they killed him. They took Khubaid and Ibn Dathina with them and sold them (as slaves) in Mecca (and all that took place) after the battle of Badr. Khubaib was bought by the sons of Al-Harith bin 'Amir bin Naufal bin 'Abd Manaf. It was Khubaib who had killed Al-Harith bin 'Amir on the day (of the battle of) Badr. So, Khubaib remained a prisoner with those people.
Narrated Az-Zuhri: 'Ubaidullah bin 'Iyyad said that the daughter of Al-Harith had told him, "When those people gathered (to kill Khubaib) he borrowed a razor from me to shave his pubes and I gave it to him. Then he took a son of mine while I was unaware when he came upon him. I saw him placing my son on his thigh and the razor was in his hand. I got scared so much that Khubaib noticed the agitation on my face and said, 'Are you afraid that I will kill him? No, I will never do so.' By Allah, I never saw a prisoner better than Khubaib. By Allah, one day I saw him eating of a bunch of grapes in his hand while he was chained in irons, and there was no fruit at that time in Mecca." The daughter of Al-Harith used to say, "It was a boon Allah bestowed upon Khubaib." When they took him out of the Sanctuary (of Mecca) to kill him outside its boundaries, Khubaib requested them to let him offer two Rakat (prayer). They allowed him and he offered Two Rakat and then said, "Hadn't I been afraid that you would think that I was afraid (of being killed), I would have prolonged the prayer. O Allah, kill them all with no exception." (He then recited the poetic verse): "I being martyred as a Muslim, Do not mind how I am killed in Allah's Cause, For my killing is for Allah's Sake, And if Allah wishes, He will bless the amputated parts of a torn body" Then the son of Al Harith killed him. So, it was Khubaib who set the tradition for any Muslim sentenced to death in captivity, to offer a two-Rak'at prayer (before being killed). Allah fulfilled the invocation of Asim bin Thabit on that very day on which he was martyred. The Prophet informed his companions of their news and what had happened to them. Later on when some infidels from Quraish were informed that Asim had been killed, they sent some people to fetch a part of his body (i.e. his head) by which he would be recognized. (That was because) 'Asim had killed one of their chiefs on the day (of the battle) of Badr. So, a swarm of wasps, resembling a shady cloud, were sent to hover over Asim and protect him from their messenger and thus they could not cut off anything from his flesh. [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 4, Book 52, Hadith #281]
Saeed ibn Aamir who was at that time mushrik when he witnessed that.
- He told Umar radi Allahu anhu: every time I remember this scene,
- I worry that Allah will not forgive me
- I am fearing the punishment of Allah
- because I didn’t stand up and resist!
Surah Al Buruj:
- the people resisted their tyrant by not renouncing their religion
- they became Muslims after they witnessed the boy being killed
- they were asked to turn back on their deen they resisted!
- they were thrown in ditches full of fire
- they were asked to turn back on their deen they resisted!
Cursed were the people of the ditch (the story of the Boy and the King). (Al-Buruj 85:4)
Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel, (Al-Buruj 85:5)
-a woman with her child in her arm jumped in the fire in order to resist
- the kufaar were sitting enjoying the pain of the believers.
And they witnessed what they were doing against the believers (i.e. burning them). (Al-Buruj 85:7)
They had nothing against them, except that they believed in Allah, the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise! (Al-Buruj 85:8)
- their story did not finish, they did not cease to exist!
- they exist in eternity in the aakhirah
- their story remains in the Quran for us to read.
- their story did not vanish; in dunya their story will remain till the Quran
- will remain and people will say ''SubhanAllah''
- when they hear it
- even the Angels bear witness to their story
Why did they kill them?
- only for their belief, as their resistance was for their Deen
- we beg Allah to be Merciful upon us ameen
- Ibrahim (a.s) said : Oh Allah accept this from us.