CONFERENCE: THE UMMAH OF MUHAMMAD - IN LIGHT OF THE GLOBAL CRUSADES
THE SLEEPING UMMAH BY ABU BARAA (UK)
NOTES typed LIVE by AT38, AT7 and AT15
Edit and formatting by AT5 and AT2
- Allah said the disbelievers wish you could dose off for a moment
- They wish you have this small sleep when you are not aware of your weapons
- so that they can suddenly attack you
- Allah gave us a serious and severe warning about a threat we have
- That is a threat of life and death if for a moment we don’t fight with our weapons
...Those who disbelieve wish, if you were negligent of your arms and your baggage, to attack you in a single rush, but there is no sin on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill, but take every precaution for yourselves. Verily, Allah has prepared a humiliating torment for the disbelievers. (An-Nisa 4:102)
- They don’t dare to fight a lion face to face because they won’t dare attack while the lion is awake. This is a tactic.
- The countries of the disbelievers are bonded by their own flag
- Whereas the ummah of Muhammad is a collection of people gathered together by one aqeedah so it is unlike all disbelievers.
- The Ummah of Muhammad S.A.W. is united by what they believe by the kalimah of shahadah and race, color or language does not divide them
- An artificial line on the earth does not divide them
- The Muslim ummah is not defined by these things but by the rope of Allah
- Allah said hold on firmly on the rope of Allah
And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah (i.e. this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allah makes His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided. (Aali Imran 3:103)
- They follow the revelation and their aqeedah on Allah, is what unites them
- And Allah made us one brotherhood
The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy. (Al-Hujurat 49:10)
- Allah said we are the ummah of Muhammad (SAW)
- All the people on earth are united by the aqeedah
- This ummah has a role in society that Allah has designated for us
- The best example of it was the prophet and his sahabah and they were an alert ummah
- They used to be feared even though they were small but they were the strongest in iman
- And it is a well-known principle that whoever fears Allah will be feared by everybody
- That was why the messenger said he was given 5 special favors
- And one of them was fear in the heart of the enemy.
Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: I have been given superiority over the other prophets in six respects: I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me. [Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Hadith #1062]
- And that was why some of the battles were won even without fighting because they ran away
- The people of the book would destroy their own buildings because of the fear
- And Allah will give victory to the ummah
He it is Who drove out the disbelievers among the people of the Scripture (i.e. the Jews of the tribe of Bani An-Nadir) from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think that they would get out. And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allah! But Allah's (Torment) reached them from a place whereof they expected it no and He cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their own dwellings with their own hands and the hands of the believers. Then take admonition, O you with eyes (to see). (Al-Hashr 59:2)
- Allah said you never thought they would leave but Allah came to them from a direction
- and threw in them a fear in their hearts until they destroyed their own homes
- So take a lesson oh people. This ummah of Muhammad is an ummah to be reckoned with
- that can’t be defeated. Allah gives them victory when they were not expected to
- To accomplish their role, the role to establish the shariah on earth
- To establish the deen in the Islamic state and spread it on earth so the people will have no
He (Allah) has ordained for you the same religion (Islam) which He ordained for Nûh (Noah), and that which We have inspired in you (O Muhammad SAW), and that which We ordained for Ibrahim (Abraham), Mûsa (Moses?) and 'Iesa (Jesus) saying you should establish religion (i.e. to do what it orders you to do practically), and make no divisions in it (religion) (i.e. various sects in religion). Intolerable for the Mushrikûn , is that to which you (O Muhammad SAW) call them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills, and guides unto Himself who turns to Him in repentance and in obedience. (Ash-Shura 42:13)
- So Allah told us the role of this ummah is to be united and spread the deen
- It is not our role to live among the kuffaar and obey them and vote for them
- not to be hidden and sidelined
- The role of the ummah is to be victorious and to establish the deen on earth
- until no one is worshipped except Allah
- The ummah has attributes and there is a famous nasheed on ummah
- You will see the signs, seeking the pleasure of Allah (swt), the signs of sujud
- In the Injeel, there is a seed that becomes strong and thick until the farmers are pleased with it.
- while the disbelievers become enraged
- For this ummah to be established, we need to unite on the same aqeedah and establish the Hujjah.
- The problem we have today is that this ummah is weak
- The one who is alive and living has certain attributes
- The one who is sleeping is known as the small death
- You don’t move, can’t do what someone is awake does
- All of the attributes that would make them the ummah of Islam, they do not show them
- The ummah is upside down
- Some people may look of the ummah and speak, but they have changed.
- They love the kufaar and are gentle with them.
Narrated Ibn Al-Musaiyab: The companions of the Prophet said, "Some men from my companions will come to my Lake-Fount and they will be driven away from it, and I will say, 'O Lord, my companions!' It will be said, 'You have no knowledge of what they innovated after you left: they turned apostate as renegades (reverted from Islam). Bukhari Volume 8, Book 76, Number 586
- They even vote for them and help them in their shirk
- They spy for them, stopping muslims and putting them behind bars
- Instead of having harshness towards the kufaar, they obey them and are close to them
- They are merciful and loving with the kufaar and harsh on the muslims
- they hate each other, run away from each other, and turn their backs on each other
- They sell their muslim brothers to the enemies
- They have ruku and sujud, the highest worship of ibaadah
The difference between a man (Muslim) and shirk and kufr is the abandoning of salaah. (Sahih Muslim: Kitab ul Iman: Book 001, Number 0147)
Narrated 'Abdullah ibn Shaqiq al-'Aqeely, "The companions of Muhammad (SAW), did not consider the abandonment of any act, with the exception of prayer, as being disbelief (kufr)." (Tirmizhi and al-Hakim, who said it met al-Bukahri's and Muslim's conditions)
- They do not leave their salah but now many do this
- They don’t pray their salah on time
- To love and hate for the sake of Allah is ibaadah
- The obedience is only supposed to be for Allah yet they offer it to the disbelievers
- The ummah is sleeping
- We are supposed to have hatred towards the kufaar yet we follow and love them
Narrated by An-Nu'man bin Bashir: The Prophet (SAW) said: “The likeness of the believers in their mutual love, mercy and compassion is that of one body; when one part of it suffers, the rest of the body joins it in staying awake and suffering fever.” [al-Bukhaari (6011) and Muslim (2586)]
- If one part of the body has pain and suffering the rest of the body is helpless and sleeping
- Our whole ummah is in pain
- There is something wrong, they never thought about what is beneficial for themselves
- Muslims aren’t supposed to be living in the west in the first place
- Those people that use to be in darul hijra before the muhajiroon and they loved them that made hijrah to them, and they used to never find any hardship and favor for them over themselves. They will be the successful.
- The ummah is in suffering and you’re worrying about yourselves.
Narrated by Anas ibn Malik (RA) that the Prophet (SAW) said: “No one of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.” [al-Bukhari (13) and Muslim (45)]
- You are not a believer until you love for your brother what you love for yourself
- The believer to another believer is like one building, they support each other
- be firm when you speak to them, you are tough.
- Do not say, I respect your religion, you should tell them the truth
- don’t pretend that their deen has some kind of correctness
- BE HARSH AND STRONG WHEN YOU FIGHT THEM
- be brothers to one another and help each other, support each other
- The ummah of Islam in the past, they used to have an army over 60 million fighters
- Now we are divided up. How can the enemy fly to Iraq?
- They would have to go through all the other countries
- They are launching their attacks from the muslim countries
- The ummah is supposed to have one brotherhood
- To worship Allah and to believe in Allah and seeking the pleasure of Him
- This should be our objective, to please Allah, not to get the kufaar to like you, or support
- Allah ordered us to pray, to do jihad.
Verily, We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as a witness, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner. (Al-Fath 48:8)
- We want to establish the deen of Allah
- It is the command of Allah (swt) and compulsory on us to achieve this
- To follow Allah’s example, He will love us
- We are not to make up a new deen
But if they incline to peace, you also incline to it, and (put your) trust in Allah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. (Al-Anfal 8:61)
- Allah ordered us to unite together the tauheed
And if they intend to deceive you, then verily, Allah is All-Sufficient for you. He it is Who has supported you with His Help and with the believers. (Al-Anfal 8:62)
- The victory comes from Allah (swt)
- No matter how big the army, with the permission of Allah, the victory is from Him
You killed them not, but Allah killed them. And you (Muhammad SAW) threw not when you did throw but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair trial from Him. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (Al-Anfal 8:17)
- It is not for Islam to reach your kids and wife, the masjid...it’s to reach the whole world.
- This ummah is described as the greatest ummah.
- When we leave the aqeedah and jihad we will be left with humiliation.
Narrates by Ibn Omar: "the Prophet said: "I was sent by the sword proceeding the judgment day and my livelihood is in the shadow of my spear and humiliation and submission are on those who disobey me" [Musnad Imam Ahmed (vol. 2, p. 50)]
- If we return to this deen, the duties, it is what we will face, but if we are sleeping and not doing what the sahabahs used to do, we will continue to get stabbed.
O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All¬Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All¬Knower. (Al-Ma'idah 5:54)
- They will not be like the people of today, they will be better.
Except those who repent thereafter and do righteous deeds, (for such) verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (An-Nur 24:5)
- Allah will change this fear into security.
- Allah promised us no matter how much we sleep, there is someone carrying the message.
- They will continue (a few of them) dominating the truth until the day of judgement
On the authority of Imraan ibn Hussain who said: “The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, ‘A group of people from my Ummah will continue to fight for the sake of the truth until the last of them fights the Dajjal (anti-Christ) (Al Hakin in his book Al-Mustadrak Vol. 4 pg.450)
- To have leadership of Islam, the purpose of jihad is dawah
- We should be concerned about how can be part of the ummah
- to bring back the attributes and the ghurabaa of later time
Narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.” The Rasulullah (saws) said in Hadith Sahih compiled by Imam Muslim ibn Hajjaj, “You are not true believers until your desires (Hawa) are in line with what I have bought” [Muslim]
- The small portion of the mujahideen seems so strange and unique, so be from those people