By Shaikh Abdullah Faisal Evening Dars: May 22, 2013
What's Your Aim, What's Your Objective
By Shaikh Abdullah El-Faisal
(Evening dars) May 23rd 2013
Notes by AT10 & AT8 / Edit: AT-10/Z
Oh you who believe in the six pillars:
- Allah, His Angels, Prophets and Messengers, His Books, Judgement Day, Qadrullah, the Hereafter.
Oh You Who Believe in Al Walaa Wal Baraa
Oh You Who Believe in Sharia, Jihad and Khilafah?
Oh You who believe in fiqhul Waqi.
Oh you who practice kufr bit-taghoot.
What is your aim, what is your objective?
- Allah told us that mankind is diverse with his aims and objectives.
- If people are on the bus, train or tube, they will be going in many different directions.
By the night as it envelops; (Al-Lail 92:1)
By the night when it covers (92:1) And [by] the day when it appears (92:2) And [by] He who created the male and female, (92:3) Indeed, your efforts are diverse. (92:4)
- Allah swears by the night, when it becomes dark and Allah swears by the Day,
- when it brightens, that He created MAN and WOMEN and they have different aims and objectives
- Everyone in life has a goal;
- One of the questions Allah Asked you in the Quran is: Where are you going?
Then where are you going? (At-Takwir 81:26)
Some people’s aims are to become a millionaire.
- Some people's aim is to obtain a degree,
- they want letters beside their names.
- Some people’s aims are to chase beautiful women.
- Some people’s aims are to acquire the latest technology,
- Some people’s aims are to acquire a big house
- Some people’s aims are to become an 'Aalim (a scholar of Islam)
- Some of you want a scholarship, some of you want a battleship.
Some of you, your aim and objective is to become a warrior, a mujahid.
- That was the aim of Salahuddin, Tariq Bin Ziyad
- Abu Musab az-Zarqawi, Abu Yayha al-Libi
- They wanted to be remembered as mujahideen,
- They wanted to carry the banner of Islam
Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salah (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamīn (mankind, jinns and all that exists). (Al-An'am 6:162)
Do not entertain the idea that Islam disallows you wealth;
- Nor Islam is the religion that preaches you poverty.
- You’re not allowed to feel guilty about becoming a millionaire
And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces). (Ad-Duha 93:11)
- The first sahaba to enter paradise will be Abu Bakr al Siddiq, he wasn't poor.
- Uthman Ibn Affan is one of the 10 promised paradise;
- he wasn't poor (and Abdu Rahman ibn Auf)
But seek, with that (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on you, the home of the Hereafter, and forget not your portion of legal enjoyment in this world, and do good as Allah has been good to you, and seek not mischief in the land. Verily, Allah likes not the Mufsidûn (those who commit great crimes and sins, oppressors, tyrants, mischief-makers, corrupts). (Al-Qasas 28:77)
Those who eat Ribā (usury) will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaitān (Satan) leading him to insanity. That is because they say: "Trading is only like Ribā (usury)," whereas Allah has permitted trading and forbidden Ribā (usury). So whosoever receives an admonition from his Lord and stops eating Ribā (usury) shall not be punished for the past; his case is for Allah (to judge); but whoever returns [to Ribā (usury)], such are the dwellers of the Fire - they will abide therein. (Al-Baqarah 2:275)
Seek the Dunya but be kind to others and use the wealth wisely
- Don’t use your wealth to spread mischief in the land like the Kuffar do
- So Allah did not discourage you from becoming wealthy.
- Allah has blessed trading and cursed Riba
- However if you become wealthy and you stop paying attention to your deen.
- Because some people when they become wealthy think they have become independent of Allah
In order for us to know what our aims and objective are:
- we need to turn the pages of Islamic History
- This will help is learn how to treat the Dunya and figure out our aim and objective
Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much. (Al-Ahzab 33:21)
- The reason we need to turn the pages of History is because in the Messenger of Allah we have the best example to follow
STORY No. 1 - The first example is the story of Khaibar.
- The Muslims suffered from the treachery and plotting of the Jews
- Three Jewish tribes were in Madinah, they all signed peace treaties with Muhammad;
- they broke them one by one.
- They were kicked out of Madinah and went to Khaibar to set up a Jewish Headquarters
- They used Khaibar to plot and plan against Muhammad;
- For seven years the Rasool suffered from the treachery of the Jews
- and they even tried to assassinate him
- The Rasool (saws) marched against Khaibar and as he gave the flag to Ali Ibn Abi Talib
- he told him to enter their fortresses and invite them to Islam
Narrated By Sahl: On the day (of the battle) of Khaibar the Prophet said, "Tomorrow I will give the flag to somebody who will be given victory (by Allah) and who loves Allah and His Apostle and is loved by Allah and His Apostle." So, the people wondered all that night as to who would receive the flag and in the morning everyone hoped that he would be that person.Allah's Apostle asked, "Where is 'Ali?" He was told that 'Ali was suffering from eye-trouble, so he applied saliva to his eyes and invoked Allah to cure him. He at once got cured as if he had no ailment. The Prophet gave him the flag. 'Ali said, "Should I fight them till they become like us (i.e. Muslim)?" The Prophet said, "Go to them patiently and calmly till you enter the land. Then, invite them to Islam, and inform them what is enjoined upon them, for, by Allah, if Allah gives guidance to somebody through you, it is better for you than possessing red camels." [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 4, Book 52, Hadith #253]
- Even though for seven years they were plotting and planning against the prophet.
- He still wanted them to come to Islam.
It’s better for you to guide one man to Islam then to possess one hundred red camels
STORY No. 2 - Aisha was sitting with the Prophet (saws)
- She asked him: Is there a day in your life which was worse for you than the day of Uhud?
- She asked this first because she was there.
...(On that day) I saw 'Aisha, the daughter of Abu Bakr and Um Sulaim both lifting their dresses up so that I was able to see the ornaments of their legs, and they were carrying the water skins of their arms to pour the water into the mouths of the thirsty people and then go back and fill them and come to pour the water into the mouths of the people again. (On that day) Abu Talha's sword fell from his hand twice or thrice. [Sahih Bukhari (5/37) No. 3811]
- She asked: is it the day when Quraish put the rotten intestine of a sheep on your back when you went to pray at the Kaaba?
- Is it the day when your beloved uncle Hamza was killed and they mutilated his body?
- Is it the day when you lost one of your teeth?
- Is it the Day when the body of your uncle Hamza was mutilated by the Kuffar?
- Is it the day of Ahzaab?
- Aisha kept asking the Messenger of Allah (saws) about different occasions in his life
- when Qureysh gathered 10,000 men to fight you?
- which day was the worst day of your life?
- The Prophet (saws) said to Aisha that none of these were the worst day
- He said: The worst day in my life was when Quraysh rejected my message in Makkah,
- And I went to Ta'if to invite them to Islam and they stoned me until my shoes were filled with blood
Narrated By 'Aisha: That she asked the Prophet , 'Have you encountered a day harder than the day of the battle) of Uhud?" The Prophet replied, "Your tribes have troubled me a lot, and the worse trouble was the trouble on the day of 'Aqaba when I presented myself to Ibn 'Abd-Yalail bin 'Abd-Kulal and he did not respond to my demand. So I departed, overwhelmed with excessive sorrow, and proceeded on, and could not relax till I found myself at Qarnath-Tha-alib where I lifted my head towards the sky to see a cloud shading me unexpectedly. I looked up and saw Gabriel in it. He called me saying, 'Allah has heard your people's saying to you, and what they have replied back to you, Allah has sent the Angel of the Mountains to you so that you may order him to do whatever you wish to these people.' The Angel of the Mountains called and greeted me, and then said, "O Muhammad! Order what you wish. If you like, I will let Al-Akh-Shabain (i.e. two mountains) fall on them." The Prophet said, "No but I hope that Allah will let them beget children who will worship Allah Alone, and will worship None besides Him." [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 4, Book 54, Hadith 454]
It is related that when Abu Talib died, the Prophet (SAW) went out on foot to Ta’if to call its people to Islam. They rejected his call, and he walked away until he got to the shade of a tree. So, he prayed two rak’at and said: “O Allah, I complain to You of my weakness and my insignificance in the eyes of the people. You are the most Merciful. No matter who You have put me at the mercy of – an enemy who will be stern with me, or a friend to look after my affairs – as long as You are not Angry with me, then I don’t care. However, the relief You bring would be more comfortable for me. I seek refuge with Your Face – for which the darkness has lit up, and the affairs of this world and the next are organized – from being afflicted with Your Wrath or deserving of Your Anger. You have the right to admonish as You please, and there is no might nor power except by Allah.” [related by al-Haythami in ‘Majma’ az-Zawa’id’ (Vol.6, pg.37) No. 9851, and he mentioned in it that at-Tabarani related it in ‘al-Mu’jam al-Kabir’ on the authority of ‘Abdullah bin Ja’far bin Abi Talib, and that its chain of narration contains Ibn Ishaq, who is a trustworthy mudallis, with the rest of the narrators in its chain being trustworthy.]
- And when I went to Taif to invite them to Islam and instead of embracing Islam they stoned me until my shoes were filled with blood..
- And when the Rasool was stoned he made a DUA to ALLAH
"O Allah to you I complain my weakness" "and my lowness in front of these people" "you are the Lord of the weak and oppressed (mustadafeed); will you put this matter in the hands of my enemy? To a person who is far removed from me, who will hold me in contempt? or will you put this matter in the hands of my enemy? Oh Allah if you are not angry with me, I do not mind.
- When the Rasool (saws) made this Dua, Allah answered his Dua immediately
- The angel Gabriel descended with another angel.
- The angels asked the Messenger to order them to collapse the mountains on the people of Taif
...The Angel of the Mountains called and greeted me, and then said, "O Muhammad! Order what you wish. If you like, I will let Al-Akh-Shabain (i.e. two mountains) fall on them." The Prophet said, "No but I hope that Allah will let them beget children who will worship Allah Alone, and will worship None besides Him." [al-Bukhari (3231) and Muslim (1795)]
Why didn't the Prophet (saws) accept the offer?
-The Prophet refused the offer and said "maybe Allah will make come out of their loins
- children who will worship Allah alone"
- Because the prophet was sent as a mercy for mankind.
And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the 'Alamīn (mankind, jinns and all that exists). (Al-Anbiya 21:107)
- Also the Messenger (saws) was a shield, who was shielding the people from the wrath of Allah and the punishment of Allah
- So Allah wouldn't destroy the people while Muhammad was alive.
- Abu Jahl asked Allah to rain down stones on the people if what Muhammad brought is the truth.
And (remember) when they said: "O Allah! If this (the Qur’an) is indeed the truth (revealed) from You, then rain down stones on us from the sky or bring on us a painful torment." (Al-Anfal 8:32)
And Allah would not punish them while you (Muhammad SAW) are amongst them, nor will He punish them while they seek (Allah’s) Forgiveness. (Al-Anfal 8:33)
Story No. 3 The story of the Jewish boy:
- This Jewish boy was on his death bed and when the Prophet heard he rushed to his death bed
- The Rasool (saws) rushed to his death bed to make the boy take the Shahadah
- The boy looked at his father, then the prophet, and kept looking back and forth.
- The boy's father said: - "Obey Abul Qasim"
- The boy took shahadah.
- The boy died a few minutes later as a Muslim
- This boy didn't make 1 rakah of salah, much less to fast, pay zakah, umrah, hajj, jihad...
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islām, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. (Aali Imran 3:85)
Narrated By Anas: A young Jewish boy used to serve the Prophet and he became sick. So the Prophet went to visit him. He sat near his head and asked him to embrace Islam. The boy looked at his father, who was sitting there; the latter told him to obey Abu-l-Qasim and the boy embraced Islam. The Prophet came out saying: "Praises be to Allah Who saved the boy from the Hell-fire." [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2, Book 23, Hadith #438]
The Prophet came out saying: "Praises be to Allah Who saved the boy from the Hell-fire."
- The Prophet (saws) was filled with such zeal and enthusiasm to give Shahadah to every Kafir before they die.
Allah warned the prophet:
And most of mankind will not believe even if you desire it eagerly. (Yusuf 12:103)
- The Prophet (saws) aim and objective was to give Shahadah to every KAFIR
Those to whom We gave the Scripture (Jews and Christians) recognise him (Muhammad or the Ka'bah at Makkah) as they recongise their sons. But verily, a party of them conceal the truth while they know it - [i.e. the qualities of Muhammad which are written in the Taurāt (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)]. (Al-Baqarah 2:146)
This story is amazing, even though the father was a kaafir, he said "Obey Abul Qasim".
- Because the Jew knew the Prophet:
- This is because the Jews recognised Muhammad from their scriptures,
- Allah described Muhammad (saws) in their scriptures vividly without any discrepancies
- They refused to take shahada, because of pride.
- It is the madhab of Iblees: Pride!
- The Jews follow the Madhab of Iblis
Story No. 4 Umm Ammaara (did jihad when she was in her 60s)
Damrah bin Saeed from his father narrated that some woollen shawls were once brought to Umar Ibn al-Khattab. Amongst them was a very large one of excellent quality. Some people indicated that it was of great value and should be sent to Safiyya bint Ubayd who was recently married to Umar's son Abdullah. However, Umar said, "I shall send it to someone who is more deserving to it, namely Ummu Ammaara Nusayba bint Ka'b about whom I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say, 'Whether it was to the right or to the left, in whichever direction I turned I saw her fighting in my defence."' [Maghazi al-Waqidi (1/271), al-Tabaqaat al-Kubra Ibn Sa’d (8/415), Kanz al-Ummal (13/625-626) No. 37592]
- Did you know she saved the life of the Prophet at the Battle of UHUD
- But if we ask you about the players of xyz football team you can tell us.
- Most people did not know that Umm Ammara was 60 years old
- and fighting on the battle field with a sword
- She lost one of her arms at the battle of Yamaama
- Most of you do not know the story of the Sahabas
- Can you tell us the names of the 10 promised paradise?
- If not, your aim is dunya, dunya, dunya.
**This is because your aim and objective is not your Deen**
It was narrated from Anas ibn Malik (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) used to enter upon Umm Haram bint Milhan and she would give him food. Umm Haram was married to 'Ubaidah ibn al-Samit. One day the Messenger of Allah (SAW) entered upon her, and she provided him with food and started grooming his head. The Messenger of Allah (SAW) slept, then he woke up smiling. Umm Haram asked, "What is making you smile, O Messenger of Allah?" He said: "Some people of my Ummah were shown to me (in my dream) campaigning for the sake of Allah, sailing in the middle of the sea like kings on thrones." Umm Haram added, "I said, 'O Messenger of Allah! Pray to Allah to make me one of them.'" So the Messenger of Allah (SAW) prayed to Allah for her and then laid his head down (and slept). Then he woke up smiling (again). (Umm Haram added): I said, "What is making you smile, O Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Some people of my Ummah were shown to me (in my dream) campaigning for the sake of Allah." He said the same as he had said before. I said, "O Messenger of Allah! Pray to Allah to make me one of them." He said: "You will be among the first ones." Then Umm Haram sailed across the sea during the time of Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan, and she fell down from her riding animal after coming ashore, and died. [al-Bukhari (2877) and Muslim (1912)]
- Do you know about Umm Harram (Umm Amaara) who went for Jihad on a ship,
- and Muawiya established the Navy
- The Prophet (saws) woke up smiling, because his Ummah was going to take over the Seas
- Your aim and objective should be Islam, Not the dunya.
STORY 5 - Abdullah Ibn Umm Maktoom ( The blind Sahaba )
- The Prophet (saws) once was giving dawah and frowned and turned away from the blind man
(The Prophet (Peace be upon him)) frowned and turned away, ('Abasa 80:1)
Because there came to him the blind man (i.e. 'Abdullāh bin Umm-Maktûm, who came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) while he was preaching to one or some of the Quraish chiefs). ('Abasa 80:2)
- JIHAD is the sixth pillar of Islam, but is not obligatory on the lame
No blame or sin is there upon the blind, nor is there blame or sin upon the lame, nor is there blame or sin upon the sick (that they go not forth to war). And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), He will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow (Paradise); and whosoever turns back, He will punish him with a painful torment. (Al-Fath 48:17)
You will think that a blind man would stay away from jihad, because Allah exempted him.
- However Abdullah Ibn Umm Maktoom: would go for JIHAD
- His understanding on the ayah is that Jihad is not fardh, but if he wants to go he can go.
- For example Jihad is not compulsory on a women but if she wants to go she can go
- Abdullah Ibn Umm Maktoom, carried the flag for the Muslims on the battlefield.
- He wanted to free up the Sahaba so they can kill the Kuffar
- The Muslims today worship their bellies and their private parts and put dodgy conditions on Jihad
- The hypocrites say: ‘No Jihad without a caliph’
STORY NO. 6 - AIN JALOOT - The Spring of Goliath - 1260 CE
- Have your heard about the Battle of Ain Jaloot ? Do you know when it took place ?
- The Tatars wrote a letter to the leader of Egypt,
- "we have turned your women into windows and your children into orphans"
- The Amir of Egypt who got the letter called a Shura meeting and killed the messengers who delivered it
- According to Shariah you are not allowed to kill ambassadors.
- The letter was so nasty the Amir felt he had no choice
They put in the letter that Egypt was the last country left for us to destroy.
- The Muslims did not surrender, instead they chopped off the heads of the Kuffar and rallied the masses for Jihad
- They didn't stay in Egypt, they took the battle to the Tatars.
- The Battle field was Ain Jaloot in Palestine
- Ibn Taymiyyah, Qurtubi were alive at this time
- This battle was a decisive battle; The Muslims chose Ain Jaloot as the battle field,
- The Muslims hid the bulk of their army behind trees and displayed a small portion of their army
- It was the perfect place for an ambush, full of trees.
- The Tatars thought the Muslims were small in number,
- Then the Amir signalled the full force of the Muslims to come out and they demolished the Tartars
This was the first time in the history of the Tartars, that they lost a battle
- they got a taste of their own medicine.
- after this they embraced Islam.
USSR 1979 - when the USSR invaded Afghanistan
- There was no caliph in 1979
Bin Baaz passed a fatwa, saying Jihad was Fardhl Ain
- The Munafiqh now put a condition on Jihad that we need a Caliph first
- They believe in polygamy and they believe in zakah,
- Their aim and objective is not Jihad
- They say, what can Islam do for me?
- They live off the Deen, not ON the DEEN
- The munafiq never says, what can I do for ISLAM?
- Today they call the Mujahideen Khawarij and Terrorists
- They say greatest jihad is to kill the mujahideen
SHAIKH ABDUL MUHSIN AL-ABBAAD: "MUJAHIDEEN UPON THE WAY OF SHAYTAN": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBXt-cQcyuo
SHAIKH FAWZAAN CLAIMS THE GREATEST JIHAD IS TO KILL MUJAHIDEEN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wwJPZTDJw8
- They are swimming in the sea of hypocrisy.
- Their Aim and Objective is not to LIBERATE THE MUSLIM LANDS, but to fill their bellies
STORY No. 7 - THE TABOOK EXPEDITION
- The Prophet (saws) made a public announcement that he was going to take on the Romans.
- Shahabas joined all the way from Yemen because they wanted to fight the Romans
- People came to Madinah in multitudes, to join the prophet, it was a great honour for them
- When some of them arrived in Madinah,
- The Prophet said to them, "I have run out of horses and camels to take you to the front line".
- They went home, and cried, this was their sincerity.
Allah Revealed about them:
Nor (is there blame) on those who came to you to be provided with mounts, and when you said: "I can find no mounts for you," they turned back, while their eyes overflowing with tears of grief that they could not find anything to spend (for Jihad). (At-Tawbah 9:92)
- This is why they are called the unique Quranic generation
- The Noble companions were ever ready to honour themselves by fighting for Islam
One of the reasons why it was important to go to Jihad;
- If you kill a kaafir, he will take your place in the hell-fire.
It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: "A Kaafir and one who killed him will never be together in the Fire." [Sahih Muslim (3/1505) No. 1891 and Musnad Ahmad (2/397) No. 9152]
- Even a woman is allowed to go out for Jihad if the Amir gives her permission
- Jihad is very exciting, even women are fighting jihad now.
- The aim and objective of the sahabas was to spread Islam.
STORY NO. 8 – YUSUF (as)
Yusuf was given half the beauty of creation and was sexually harassed by Zulaikha
- He was given half the beauty of the creation, when Zulaikha saw he she couldn't control herself.
- When the news spread about their incident, she gathered her friends in her house
- She said: If you don't go to bed with us, we will dump you in prison,
- She had power because her husband was the finance minister.
- Yusuf (as)- his aim and objective was Dawah.. so He said: "O my Lord! Prison is more to my liking than that to which they invite me.
- Zina would kill the Dawah, so Yusuf (a.s) chose Dawah instead and went to prison
He said: "O my Lord! Prison is more to my liking than that to which they invite me. Unless You turn away their plot from me, I will feel inclined towards them and be one (of those who commit sin and deserve blame or those who do deeds) of the ignorants." (Yusuf 12:33)
When Yusuf was in prison:
- Some prisoners had dreams, they asked Yusuf to interpret the dreams for them.
- They asked him, they knew he was a good man.
- Kuffaar can tell who is a real Muslim and who is a fake Muslim
- RAND said the Sufi are "natural allies of the West"
A 2007 report by the Rand Corp., a U.S. think tank, advised Western governments to "harness" Sufism, saying its adherents were "natural allies of the West." Read more:
Before Yusuf interpreted their dream, he said to them :
"O two companions of the prison! Are many different lords (gods) better or Allah, the One, the Irresistible? (Yusuf 12:39)
"You do not worship besides Him but only names which you have named (forged), you and your fathers, for which Allah has sent down no authority. The command (or the judgement) is for none but Allah. He has commanded that you worship none but Him (i.e. His Monotheism), that is the (true) straight religion, but most men know not. (Yusuf 12:40)
- He hesitated to interpret their dreams, first he gave them the dawah.
- He invited them to the four pillars of Tawheed.
- he used prison to spread Islam
- Islam is the biggest religion in USA prisons
Yusuf abstained from Zina because Zina will tarnish your image as a Daee
- No prophet committed Zina
STORY No. 9 – MUADH IBN JABL
The Rasool (saws) sent Muadh Ibn Jabl to Yemen.
- He was the Sahaba who had an Afro and white teeth
- He started to cry when the prophet sent him, because he realised he wouldn’t see the prophet again.
- When the Prophet (saws) saw him cry he said to him: "By Allah, I love you".
- Did Muadh say since you love me give me land, camels , sheep, goats ?? NO HE DID NOT
- Muadh made a dua, "Oh Allah, help me to remember You,
- and to be thankful to You, and to be perfect in my worship of You"
- To be ungrateful is a quality of Iblees.
- Why did he make this dua? - He realised this was a promise of Paradise;
- If the Prophet (saws) loves you, Allah (swt) loves you
- all the angels love you and all the people on earth love you.
- (So your mission in Yemen will be successful)
- (If the prophet hates you, Allah hates you, the angels hate you and the people will hate you.)
Everything in the Dunya is cursed except three things
Abu Huraira (RA) reported that Allah's Messenger (SAW) said, “The world, with all that it contains, is accursed except for dhikr (the remembrance of Allah) that which pleases Allah; and the religious scholars and seekers of knowledge.'' [Sunan Tirmidhi (4/561) 2322 and Sunan Ibn Majah (5/231) 4112, (Abu Eesa al-Tirmidhi said: this hadeeth is hasan ghareeb)]
His aim and objective was to spread Islam.
-Even though he was crying he did not hesitate to go to Yemen
-Even though he knew he would not see the Prophet again
The reason the Prophet said "I love you" was for him to realise that
-he was sending him because of his knowledge and taqwa.
STORY No. 10 - ABU BAKR AS SIDEEQ
- When Abu Bakr was Caliph, some people refused to pay Zakah
- Abu Bakr held Shura meeting, and said we have to kill them, they have left a pillar of Islam.
- Omar asked how he could fight them when they had taken the Shahadah
- Abu Bakr said he would fight them by himself.
- The shura then agreed to fight them.
- Omar said nothing happened that day expect Allah opened Abu Bakr heart to see the truth
Those who would not pay Zakah were denying that which is known by necessity.
- If you deny one pillar of eeman, you deny all of the pillars
- Some cows give a bucket of milk and then they kick it over.
- Some of you say the shahada and then nullify the shahadah
- by committing a major Kufr
Umar found a woman who was boiling stones,
-he couldn’t believe that such poverty existed in the ummah,...
- Omar rushed to bring her provisions, and cooked the food for her
- when he was a caliph, he made sure everyone had food to eat before he slept
It was narrated that Aslam the freed slave of 'Umar (RA) said: "'Umar went out to Harrat Waqim, and I went with him. When we were in Sarar, we saw a fire burning. He said, 'O' Aslam, I see here some travelers who are being held up by the night and the cold; let's go.' So we went running and when we came near to them, we saw a woman with children. There was a pot set up over the fire, and her children were crying. 'Umar said, 'Peace be upon you, O' people of the light (he did not want to say, O' people of the fire).' She said, 'And upon you be peace.' He said, 'May I come closer?' She said, 'Come if you can do some good, otherwise leave us alone.' He came closer and said, 'What is the matter with you?' She said, 'The night and the cold held us up.' He said, 'What is the matter with these children; why are they crying?' She said, 'They are hungry.' He said, 'What is in this pot?' She said, 'Water, to calm them down until they go to sleep, and Allah will judge between us and 'Umar.' He said, 'May Allah have mercy on you, how could 'Umar know about you?' She said, 'How come he is in charge of our affairs, but he is not aware of our situation?' He turned to me and said, 'Let's go.' So we set off running until we came to the room where wheat was stored. He took out a sack of wheat and a little fat, and said, 'Hoist it up onto me.' I said, 'I will carry it for you.' He said, 'Will you carry my burden for me on the Day of Resurrection, may you be bereft of your mother?' So I hoisted it up onto him and he set out running and I ran with him. When he reached her, he put those things down. He took out some of the wheat and said to her, 'Prepare it for me and I will cook it for you.' He started blowing beneath the pot and I saw the smoke coming out through his beard. He cooked it for her, and brought it to her, and said, 'Bring me something.' So she brought him a vessel and he poured it into it, then said, 'Feed them and I will spread it out (to cool down) for them.' He stayed until they had eaten their fill, and he left the leftover food with her. He got up, and I got up with him, and she started to say, 'May Allah reward you with good; you are more suited to be the caliph than Ameer al-Mu'mineen.' He said, 'Say something good, and if you go to the Ameer al-Mu'mineen, you will find me there insha'Allah - Allah willing." Then he walked some distance away from her, then turned to face them again and waited a while. I said to him, 'Is there anything else?' but he did not answer me, until I saw the boys wrestling then falling asleep, having calmed down. Then he stood up and said, 'Praise be to Allah, the Exalted, the Almighty.' Then he turned to me and said, 'O' Aslam, hunger kept them awake and made them cry; I did not want to leave until I saw what I saw.'"[Related by Ibn Atheer in al-Kamil fi at-Tareekh (2/434), at-Tabari in at-Tareekh (4/205-206) and Ahmad Ibn Hanbal in Fada'il as-Sahabah (1/290-291) No. 382]
- the Aim and Objective of Umar (r.a) was to spread Islam
- The Aim and Objectives of the companions of the prophet was always Islam.
STORY 12 - AHMAD IBN HANBAL (born 164 AH – died 241 AH @ age 77)
During his era there was a fitnah:
- The Mutazila (Ma’moon) who believed the Quran was created
- The great scholars were being flogged by the caliph Ma'moon.
- He would do this because he believed the Quran was created
- The Scholars use this evidence to say that your aqeedah influences your shariah.
- You can’t separate the aqeedah from the Shariah.
**Your Aqeeda influences your Sharia**
- When all the other scholars who were afraid of being beaten publicly caved in:
- Ahmad Ibn Hanbal stood up against Ma'moon and did not cave in
- All the four Imams said that the one who believes the Quran is created is a kaafir.
From Alee bin al-Hasan al-Kuraa'ee who said: Abu Yusuf said: I debated Abu Hanifah for six months, and then our view became united that the one who said the Qur'an is created is a kaafir. [Adh-Dhahabee brings with a good (jayyid) chain of narration, as occurs in Mukhtasar al-Uluww (p. 155)]
Ahmad Ibn Hanbal defended the Aqeeda of the Shahabas
- He was titled the Imam of Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaah.
- He said: If the scholars keep quiet about the haqq how will the haqq come to the surface?
- His aim and objective was to spread Islam.
Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said: "When some people asked Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal that they felt uneasy about criticizing people, he replied:
"If I were to remain silent, how would the ignorant masses know the truth from falsehood?"
Those who introduce heretical writings which oppose the Qur'aan and the Sunnah and those who innovate in matters of worship, then it is obligatory that they be exposed and that the Muslims be warned against them - by unanimous agreement of the Muslims Scholars. In fact, when Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal was asked about a person who fasted, preyed and secluded himself in the mosque for worship; if he was dearer to him than a person who spoke out against ahlul-bid'ah (the innovators), he replied:
"When he fasts and prays and secludes himself, then he does so for the benefit of his own self. However, when he speaks out against the innovators, he does so for the benefit of the Muslims in general, and this is more virtuous." So it is clear that openly opposing the innovators is of general benefit to the Muslims and is considered one of the types of jihad in the path of Allaah. Since purifying the religion of Allaah and defending it from their attacks is a collective obligation - as is agreed upon by the Scholars. For Allaah did not raise up some people to oppose the innovators, then the religion would suffer harm, corruption and deviation. Indeed, this type of corruption is even greater then the corruption resulting from the disbelievers conquering the Muslims. Since when the disbelievers conquer the Muslims, they do not corrupt their hearts, nor their religion, except after some time. Whereas the innovators corrupt the hearts from the very beginning." [Majmoo'ul-Fataawaa (28/231-232)]
WHAT'S YOUR AIM, WHAT'S YOUR OBJECTIVE?