BY SHAIKH FAISAL5 June 2013 (Morning Dars)
And indeed We gave to Musa (Moses) nine clear signs. Ask then the Children of Israel, when he came to them, then Fir'aun (Pharaoh) said to him: "O Musa (Moses)! I think you are indeed bewitched." (Al-Isra 17:101)
The pharaoh is accusing Musa of dabbling in black magic.
That is the meaning of bewitched in the above ayah (17:101).
The Pharaoh wants an excuse to remain as a kaafir; the excuse of the pharaoh to not believe in Moses is that the miracles Allah blessed Moses with was black magic.
History repeats itself.
Allah told you in surah 2:118 that the hearts of the kaafirs are alike.
Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty. (Al-Baqarah 2:118)
The kaafirs asked the Prophet to make the moon split if he is a real prophet.
Allah blessed the Prophet with the miracle of the splitting of the moon.
The kaafirs of Makkah also accused the Prophet of black magic.
The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon). (Al-Qamar 54:1)
And if they see a sign, they turn away, and say: "This is continuous magic." (Al-Qamar 54:2)
Whenever a prophet brings a miracle, the kaafirs always accuse the prophet of dabbling in black magic.
Abu Jahl and Abu Lahab accused the Prophet of black magic around 2000 years after Musa.
Musa and his brother went to the pharaoh long before the Prophet was born.
Musa was given nine signs.
WHAT IS ISRAEL?
Israel is Jacob.
The Jews claim God gave Jacob the name Israel because Jacob defeated God in a wrestling match so God renamed Jacob as Israel.
That is the Jewish version of events.
Jacob had 12 sons.
The 12 tribes of Israel are named after the 12 sons of Jacob.
Each son had children and this formed the 12 tribes of Israel.
And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. (Gen 32:24)
And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. (Gen 32:25)
And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. (Gen 32:26)
And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. (Gen 32:27)
And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. (Gen 32:28)
The Jews have total contempt for Allah to the extent where they say Jacob beat Allah in a wrestling match and that after this happened Allah renamed Jacob as Israel.
There is enmity between the 12 tribes of Israel.
If you leave them on their own, they'll kill themselves.
When people practice bautil, Allah puts enmity between their hearts.
When people practice the haq, Allah puts love between their hearts.
WHO ARE THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL?
QUICK PROFILES ON THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL:
- Judah. The tribe of kings, and the most preeminent of the 12 tribes in the biblical narrative. Judah “prevailed over his brothers,” (1 Chronicles 5:2), and the tribe’s territory included the city of Jerusalem and the holy temple. King David was part of this tribe, and his royal line ruled in Jerusalem from around 1,000 BC until the city fell to Babylonian forces in 586 BC. Jerusalem was the capital of Israel and the capital of the Southern Kingdom after the nation divided. Jesus is of the tribe of Judah (Matthew 1:1–2). Notable tribesmen: Jesus, David, Mary, Solomon, Caleb
- Reuben. Descended from Jacob’s firstborn, whom Jacob said was as “uncontrolled as water” (Genesis 49:4). The tribe chose not to settle in the Promised Land, and instead asked Moses for some of the territory that they conquered east of the Jordan River. Moses agreed to this, on the condition that they assist the western tribes in conquering Canaan (Numbers 32:28–32). They did so, but they did not assist the other tribes in battle during the period of judges (Judges 5:16), and the tribe falls into scriptural obscurity.
- Simeon. The man Simeon (with his brother Levi) slaughtered the men of an entire city to avenge his sister (Genesis 34:25–31). The tribe’s portion of land was within the midst of Judah’s territory (Joshua 19:1); however, Simeon did not grow as rapidly as Judah and seems to have dispersed across multiple territories (1 Chronicles 4:38–43; 2 Chronicles 15:8–9).This is consistent with Jacob’s prophecy concerning Simeon and his brother Levi: “I will disperse them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.”
- Levi. The
tribe of the priesthood. The tribe of Levi stood by Moses (a Levite)
during the golden calf incident at Mount Sinai (Exodus 32:25–29),
and later took their place as ministers to the tabernacle, and later the
Temple. Levi had no tribal territory—the Lord was the tribe’s inheritance
they did receive pasture lands for their cattle (Joshua 21). Levitical
duties were extensive (read Leviticus!), but Moses gives a brief summary
of their significance in his blessing for the tribe (Deuteronomy 33:8–11).
Notable tribesmen: Moses, Aaron, John the Baptist, Barnabas
- Zebulun. Zebulun doesn’t get very much attention in the Bible. The tribe does boast a strong, loyal fighting force during the days of the judges and King David. In fact, Zebulun had the largest presence in the army that made David king of Israel at Hebron, and they served him with “an undivided heart” (1 Chronicles 12:33).
- Issachar. Issachar has even less biblical presence than Zebulun, but the tribe was loyal to Deborah and Barak (Judges 5:15). They’re also remembered as “men who understood the times, with knowledge of what Israel should do” (1 Chronicles 12:32).
- Dan. We don’t read much about the man Dan, but we do see his tribe up to no good in the book of Judges. The tribe did not secure their original portion of land (Judges 1:34; 18:1), and instead migrated northward. In the process, they took for themselves other gods (Judges 18:14–17) and set up a new priesthood (Judges 18–20). The tribe later joins Jeroboam in idolatry when the kingdom of Israel divides (1 Kings 12:28–29). Notable tribesman: Samson
- Gad. Little is said of Gad, the man or the tribe. They, like Reuben, settled east of the Jordan.
- Asher. Jacob prophesied that Asher’s tribe would enjoy rich foods (Genesis 49:20), and the tribe went on to possess a region of eastern Galilee which is still known for its olive groves.
- Naphtali. Naphtali, with Zebulun, is mentioned by the prophet Isaiah in a passage we read often during Christmastime: “For a child will be born to us . . . .” This promise was given concerning the land of Galilee, specifically, the “land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali.” You can read the whole prophecy in Isaiah 9.
- Ephraim. This tribe is named after Joseph’s son. Joseph received the birthright from Jacob, and instead of just one tribe, he is the ancestor of two (Manasseh is the other). After the kingdom divides, the Northern Kingdom’s capital is in Ephraim’s territory, and the prophets sometimes refer to the entire nation as “Ephraim” (Jeremiah 31:9, Hosea 5:3). Notable tribesmen: Joshua, Samuel
- Benjamin. This small tribe has played several important roles in Israel’s history. Benjamin stood against the rest of Israel in a national civil war (Judges 20:14–21:24). Saul, the first anointed king of Israel, was from Benjamin. The tribe was also loyal to David’s descendants when the northern tribes seceded (1 Kings 12:16–24). Notable tribesmen: King Saul, Mordecai, & Paul.
These are the twelve sons of Jacob.
Allah also said that He blessed Moses with 9 signs to take to the Pharaoh.
Allah told Moses and his brother to speak to the Pharaoh gently even though he was the worst kaafir.
This is one of the etiquettes of inviting the kuffar to Islam.
"Go, both of you, to Fir'aun (Pharaoh), verily, he has transgressed (all bounds in disbelief and disobedience and behaved as an arrogant and as a tyrant). (Ta-Ha 20:43)
"And speak to him mildly, perhaps he may accept admonition or fear Allah." (Ta-Ha 20:44)
Allah said in the ayah (17:101) that He blessed Moses with 9 signs.
WHAT ARE THE NINE SIGNS OF MUSA?
1. ROD TURNING IN TO A SNAKE
Allah spoke about the rod in surah 27:10-12.
"And throw down your stick!" But when he saw it moving as if it were a snake, he turned in flight, and did not look back. (It was said): "O Musa (Moses)! Fear not, verily! The Messengers fear not in front of Me. (An-Naml 27:10)
"Except him who has done wrong and afterwards has changed evil for good, then surely, I am Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (An-Naml 27:11)
"And put your hand into your bosom, it will come forth white without hurt. (These are) among the nine signs (you will take) to Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his people, they are a people who are the Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allah). (An-Naml 27:12)
2. THE RADIANT HAND OF PROPHET MUSA
3. YEAR OF DROUGHT
4. THE FLOOD
5. HUMAN AND ANIMAL PANDEMIC
Normally a prophet needs one sign.
The people of Saleh had one sign.
The reason why it was necessary to send Moses with nine signs was because the pharaoh was the worst kaafir to walk the face of the earth.
These nine signs didn’t have an impact on the pharaoh
Moses showed the Pharaoh great signs like the sign of his snake eating up the snakes of the magicians.
These signs were not enough for the pharaoh.
The Pharaoh made a claim that not even Iblis made.
Allah spoke about the claim he made in surah 79:20-24.
Then [Musa (Moses)] showed him the great sign (miracles). (An-Nazi'at 79:20)
But [Fir'aun (Pharaoh)] belied and disobeyed; (An-Nazi'at 79:21)
Then he turned his back, striving hard (against Allah). (An-Nazi'at 79:22)
Then he gathered his people and cried aloud, (An-Nazi'at 79:23)
Saying: "I am your lord, most high", (An-Nazi'at 79:24)
When he declared to the people that he is their lord, most high, he made a claim that not even the shaitaan had the audacity to make.
There is no doubt that the Pharaoh surpassed the shaitaan with his evil.
This is the claim of the Pharaoh, that he is the lord, most high.
What is the declaration of Iblis?
The declaration of Iblis can be found in surah 15:36.
[Iblis (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected." (Al-Hijr 15:36)
Iblis declared Allah as his Lord.
The Pharaoh didn't make such a declaration; he claimed he was the lord of the people.
The pharaoh had a personality disorder called megalomania.
He had another personality disorder which was narcissistic personality disorder.
A narcissist elevates himself and all he can think about is himself.
The pharaoh had multiple personality disorders.
The Pharaoh is a hypocrite because outwardly he rejected what Moses brought but Allah told you he believed in his heart that Moses brought the truth in surah 27:14.
And they belied them (those Ayat) wrongfully and arrogantly, though their ownselves were convinced thereof [i.e. those (Ayat) are from Allah, and Musa (Moses) is the Messenger of Allah in truth, but they disliked to obey Musa (Moses), and hated to believe in his Message of Monotheism]. So see what was the end of the Mufsidun (disbelievers, disobedient to Allah, evil-doers, liars.). (An-Naml 27:14)
Every kaafir is a hypocrite and every hypocrite is a kaafir.
The Pharaoh rejected the truth in the name of pride, arrogance and haughtiness even though he believed in Moses in his heart.
Moses told the pharaoh that the Pharaoh knows in his heart what Moses has brought is the haq.
[Musa (Moses)] said: "Verily, you know that these signs have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as clear (evidences i.e. proofs of Allah's Oneness and His Omnipotence, etc.). And I think you are, indeed, O Fir'aun (Pharaoh) doomed to destruction (away from all good)!" (Al-Isra 17:102)
Musa is saying to the Pharaoh that he thinks that the Pharaoh will never believe.
The pride in the pharaoh's heart is so strong; he is nothing but a hopeless case.
The pride in the hearts of many Europeans is so strong that they are nothing but hopeless cases.
These Europeans are like the pharaoh.
They are mesmerised by the legacy of the pharaoh and his heritage.
Whenever they make documentaries about the pharaoh, they sing his praises; they will never utter a bad word about him.
They see the Pharaoh as their mentor; not just the Pharaoh, they see Nimrod as their mentor too.
The same way you see the sahabas as your mentors, the Europeans see the Pharaoh and Nimrod as their mentors.
Nimrod and the pharaoh both had a god complex and they were very tyrannical.
The Europeans are suffering from a god complex today.
The Europeans try to use Darwinism to replace God because they want you to see them as God.
The Pharaoh committed genocide against anyone he didn't like; the Europeans do the same thing today.
They are carbon copies of each other because one is the mentor of the other.
Entire populations were wiped out by the Europeans.
The aborigines of Australia were wiped out.
Arawak Indians of Jamaica were wiped out by the British.
To commit genocide is the modus operandi of the Europeans.
They get excited when they see blood.
To prove to you that the Pharaoh is a liar and a hypocrite, when the flood came, he begged Moses to pray to Allah to stop the flood.
And indeed We punished the people of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) with years of drought and shortness of fruits (crops, etc.), that they might remember (take heed). (Al-A`raf 7:130)
But whenever good came to them, they said: "Ours is this." And if evil afflicted them, they ascribed it to evil omens connected with Musa (Moses) and those with him. Be informed! Verily, their evil omens are with Allah but most of them know not. (Al-A`raf 7:131)
They said [to Musa (Moses)]: "Whatever Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) you may bring to us, to work therewith your sorcery on us, we shall never believe in you." (Al-A`raf 7:132)
So We sent on them: the flood, the locusts, the lice, the frogs, and the blood: (as a succession of) manifest signs, yet they remained arrogant, and they were of those people who were Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists, sinners, etc.). (Al-A`raf 7:133)
And when the punishment fell on them they said: "O Musa (Moses)! Invoke your Lord for us because of His Promise to you. If you will remove the punishment from us, we indeed shall believe in you, and we shall let the Children of Israel go with you." (Al-A`raf 7:134)
But when We removed the punishment from them to a fixed term, which they had to reach, behold! They broke their word! (Al-A`raf 7:135)
Every time they are afflicted with evil, they blame it on evil omens.
The Pharaoh said to the people that he is their lord, the most high, but when the flood came the Pharaoh asked Moses to invoke His lord.
So the declaration of the pharaoh that he was the lord of the people was nothing but a big lie.
This is evidence that the pharaoh was nothing but a hypocrite and a liar.
The Pharaoh said he will believe in Moses if the punishment is removed.
This is similar to the people of saleh.
They promised to believe if Saleh brought forth a camel from the rock.
Like the pharaoh, the people of Saleh disbelieved even after the miracle was performed.
So he resolved to turn them out of the land (of Egypt). But We drowned him and all who were with him. (Al-Isra 17:103)
This drowning took place before Muhammad (SAW) was born.
It is impossible for the body of a man to be in the sea for 3000 years; the fishes in the sea are going to eat his body.
All the bodies of the Pharaoh's soldiers disintegrated.
Fish are so greedy they eat every single thing.
However in 1898 a group of divers found the body of the pharaoh intact.
This is a prediction of the Holy Quran in surah 10:90-92.
And We took the Children of Israel across the sea, and Fir'aun (Pharaoh) with his hosts followed them in oppression and enmity, till when drowning overtook him, he said: "I believe that La ilaha illa (Huwa) : (none has the right to be worshipped but) He," in Whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am one of the Muslims (those who submit to Allah's Will)." (Yunus 10:90)
Now (you believe) while you refused to believe before and you were one of the Mufsidun (evil-doers, corrupts, etc.). (Yunus 10:91)
So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.). (Yunus 10:92)
The Pharaoh took shahadah but Allah threw it back in his face because he was an opportunist.
He waited till he was drowning in the Red Sea to take his shahadah.
He was a hypocrite, a liar and an opportunist.
Every kaafir is a hypocrite, a liar and an opportunist.
The pharaoh's body was kept intact as a sign for those who come after him.
In 1898 a group of scientist took the body of the Pharaoh from the ocean's floor and his body was intact just like how Allah predicted it in surah 10:91-92.
Many kaafirs embraced Islam after seeing the body of the Pharaoh taken from the sea intact.
The body of the pharaoh was in the ocean’s floor for 3000 years.
Many people, even scientists, embraced Islam after witnessing this sign.
This sign proves that the Quran is a real book and not a fake book.
Today the body of the Pharaoh is in a museum in Cairo.
Every prediction of the Quran shall come to pass.
The predictions that have not come to pass, like the coming of Jesus, shall come to pass because the Quran is a real book.