BY SHAIKH FAISAL
08 June 2013 (Morning Dars)
We stopped at ayah 103 the last time we were here.
So he resolved to turn them out of the land (of Egypt). But We drowned him and all who were with him. (Al-Isra 17:103)
- Allah said He chose to drown the pharaoh and those with him.
- The army of the pharaoh was with him.
- If you join a kaafir army, on the Day of Resurrection you will be resurrected as a kaafir.
- This is because you gave your bay’ah to a kaafir army.
- The evidence for this is surah 28:8.
Then the household of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) picked him up, that he might become for them an enemy and a (cause of) grief. Verily! Fir'aun (Pharaoh), Haman and their hosts were sinners. (Al-Qasas 28:8)
- Allah gave the pharaoh and his army the same ruling.
- Allah will never accept the excuse that you were just following orders.
- The other evidence for this is surah 4:76.
Those who believe, fight in the Cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Taghut (Satan, etc.). So fight you against the friends of Shaitan (Satan); Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaitan (Satan). (An-Nisa 4:76)
- This is the evidence used by the sincere scholars to prove to you that the only army you can join is the army of the mujahideen.
- If you join the Pakistani army or the American army and you die, you die as a kaafir because you gave your bay’ah to a kaafir army.
- The third evidence for this is surah 85:4.
Cursed were the people of the ditch (the story of the Boy and the King). (Al-Buruj 85:4)
- The king dug a ditch, put wood in the ditch and ignited the wood.
- The king then dumped the believers in the ditch.
- Allah put the same hukm on the king and his soldiers.
- The Germans who were following Adolf Hitler were trying to use the excuse that they were just following orders in the Nuremberg trials.
- This excuse wasn't accepted and they were locked up in prison for life.
- Allah won't accept this excuse that you were following orders on the Day of Judgement.
- You have to run away from a dictator.
- Allah's earth is spacious.
- Muslim women who were being forced to marry people they don't like ran away because their parents wanted them to marry Barelvis.
- A lot of these Muslim parents are evil; they'll marry you to grave worshippers
And We said to the Children of Israel after him: "Dwell in the land, then, when the final and the last promise comes near [i.e. the Day of Resurrection or the descent of Christ ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) on the earth]. We shall bring you altogether as mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations). [Tafsir Al-Qurtubi, Vol. 10, Page 338] surah 17 104)
- Who are the children of Israel in ayah 104?
- Jacob is Israel so the children of Israel are the children of Jacob.
- The return of Jesus shouldn't be a matter you differ on because it is mentioned in the Quran.
And he ['Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)] shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection) [i.e. 'Iesa's (Jesus) descent on the earth] . Therefore have no doubt concerning it (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). And follow Me (Allah) (i.e. be obedient to Allah and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)! This is the Straight Path (of Islamic Monotheism, leading to Allah and to His Paradise). (Az-Zukhruf 43:61)
- Allah said that the coming of Jesus is a sign before Judgement Day.
- It is not appropriate for you to doubt the coming of Jesus because it is mentioned in the Quran.
...and it would at this very time that Allah would send Christ, son of Mary, and he will descend at the white minaret in the eastern side of Damascus wearing two garments lightly dyed with saffron and placing his hands on the wings of two Angels. When he would lower his head, there would fall beads of perspiration from his head, and when he would raise it up, beads like pearls would scatter from it....[Sahih Muslim (4/2250-2255) No. 2937]
Abu Hurayrah (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “The Hour will not begin until the son of Maryam descends among you as a just ruler. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and money will become abundant until no one will accept it.” [al-Bukhari (2222) and Muslim (155)]
- Jesus is coming to kill the swine, break the cross, to kill the Gog and Magog, to kill the dajjal and to abolish the jizya
- He will not come back as a prophet because there is no prophet after Muhammad
- He will come back as an ordinary Muslim.
- He will pray salah behind another Muslim.
- What is taking place in Syria right now is a purge because this is where Jesus will return.
- A purge is also needed in Iran, Iraq and Lebanon.
- This is because Shias are worse kaafirs than the Jews and the Christians.
- Allah said in ayah 104 that you will be gathered together “as mixed crowd (gathered out of various nations)”.
- The tafseer of the ayah is that on Judgement Day Muslims will be with Muslims, Christians will be with Christians, Hindus will be with Hindus, etc.
- You shall be gathered with the people who are of the same religion as you.
- The people of Noah will say that nobody warned them about shirk.
- Noah gave them dawah for 950 years.
- They will deny those 950 years.
- They will say, “no prophet came to warn us about shirk”.
- Allah will ask Noah if he delivered the message. Noah will reply yes.
- Allah will ask Noah if he has any witnesses.
- He will reply that the ummah of Muhammad are his witnesses.
- The ummah of Muhammad will say that that their evidence that Noah warned them against shirk is that they read it in the Quran.
- The people of Noah will be guilty as charged.
- You shall testify against all the previous nations on the day of judgement.
- The homosexuals of Sodom and Gomorrah will say that they were not warned against homosexuality.
- The Muslims will say that they read it in the Quran that Lut warned the homosexuals of Sodom and Gomorrah against homosexuality.
Thus We have made you [true Muslims - real believers of Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad) be a witness over you... (Al-Baqarah 2:143)
- On the day of Judgement you will be in mixed crowds.
- Allah spoke about this in surah 99:6.
- Man will come out in crowds to look at their deeds.
That Day mankind will proceed in scattered groups that they may be shown their deeds. (Az-Zalzalah 99:6)
- Allah spoke about how people will come out of their graves in surah 36:51.
And the Trumpet will be blown (i.e. the second blowing) and behold! From the graves they will come out quickly to their Lord. (Ya-Sin 36:51)
- Every prophet will have a lake-fount on the day of Judgement.
- A large multitude of people will drink from the lake-fount of some prophets.
- Different prophets will have different numbers of people drinking from their fount.
- Some prophets will have no one to drink from their fount.
- In other words, no one took shahadah due to the dawah of this prophet.
- On Judgement Day Allah shall treat you the way you treat Allah in the dunya.
- Those of you who go backward and forward in the deen, when you are crossing the siraat Allah will give you light and then take away your light.
- Those kuffar who turned a blind eye towards Allah’s revelation, Allah shall raise them blind on the Day of Judgement.
"But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Qur'an nor acts on its orders, etc.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection." (Ta-Ha 20:124)
And with truth We have sent it down (i.e. the Qur'an), and with truth it has descended. And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as nothing but a bearer of glad tidings (of Paradise, for those who follow your Message of Islamic Monotheism), and a warner (of Hell-fire for those who refuse to follow your Message of Islamic Monotheism). (Al-Isra 17:105)
- When Allah says, “with truth it has descended” it means there is no crookedness in the Quran and it has no human interference.
- The second tafseer is that the Quran has no inconsistencies, no discrepancies and no incongruities.
- This is because the Quran is the haq and the haq doesn't contradict itself.
- The part of ayah 105 which says, “And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) as nothing but a bearer of glad tidings” coincides with surah 7:188.
Say (O Muhammad SAW) : "I possess no power of benefit or hurt to myself except as Allah wills. If I had the knowledge of the Ghaib (unseen), I should have secured for myself an abundance of wealth, and no evil should have touched me. I am but a warner, and a bringer of glad tidings unto people who believe." (Al-A'raf 7:188)
- One ayah of the Quran can be used to explain another ayah of the Quran.
- That is the nature of the Quran.
- In regards to the Quran having no discrepancies, Allah puts forward a challenge in surah 4:82.
Do they not then consider the Qur'an carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions. (An-Nisa 4:82)
- The kaafirs establish websites to prove that there are contradictions in the Quran.
- These kaafirs read the Quran in English and they claim they have found contradictions in the Quran.
- Kaafirs cannot give tafseer; they'll give a tafseer to suit their evil and corrupted desires.
- Surah 17:105 is the evidence that Muhammad was a bringer of glad tidings and a warner to those who reject faith.
- The Quran has no crookedness in order that it gives people taqwa.
An Arabic Qur'an, without any crookedness (therein) in order that they may avoid all evil which Allah has ordered them to avoid, fear Him and keep their duty to Him. (Az-Zumar 39:28)
All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has sent down to His slave (Muhammad SAW) the Book (the Qur'an), and has not placed therein any crookedness. (Al-Kahf 18:1)
- This is a challenge; can you find any crookedness in the Quran?
And (it is) a Qur'an which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages. (in 23 years). (Al-Isra 17:106)
- Why did Allah reveal the Quran in piece meal?
- The surahs of the Quran are of two types.
- They are Makki and Madani.
- Makki are the surahs that came down in Makkah; Madani are the surahs that came down in Madina.
- The surahs of Makkah invite to Allah.
- Surah Ikhlas is a Makki surah.
- The surahs of Madina invite to shairah.
- This is called the Manhaj and the Wisdom of Allah.
- When you are living in darul harb, Europe for example, you are supposed to invite the infidels to Allah.
- You are supposed to follow the Manhaj of Allah.
- Al Muhajiroon is wrong for calling people in darul harb to sharia.
- When you are a group with no scholar you are like a headless chicken.
Narrated By Ibn Abbas: When the Prophet sent Muadh to Yemen, he said to him, "You are going to a nation from the people of the Scripture, so let the first thing to which you will invite them, be the Tauhid of Allah. If they learn that, tell them that Allah has enjoined on them, five prayers to be offered in one day and one night. And if they pray, tell them that Allah has enjoined on them Zakat of their properties and it is to be taken from the rich among them and given to the poor. And if they agree to that, then take from them Zakat but avoid the best property of the people." [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 9, Book 93, Hadith #469]
- Allah divided the Quran in sections because some parts were suitable for Makkah, darul harb, and some parts were suitable for Madinah, darul Islam.
- It's called different strokes for different folks.
WHY DID ALLAH REVEAL THE QURAN IN STAGES?
- There are seven reasons why Allah revealed the Quran in stages.
REASON ONE - TO MAKE IT EASY FOR US TO MEMORISE
And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember (or receive admonition)? (Al-Qamar 54:17)
- By revealing the Quran in stages over a period of 23 years it made it easier for the sahabas to memorise.
REASON TWO - TO MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND AND PRACTICE IT
Alif-Lam-Ra. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings]. These are the Verses of the Clear Book (the Qur'an that makes clear the legal and illegal things, legal laws, a guidance and a blessing). (Yusuf 12:1)
Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an in order that you may understand. (Yusuf 12:2)
REASON THREE - TO CORRECT THE PROPHET
- When the Prophet made a mistake, Allah corrected the Prophet with the Quran.
And never (O Muhammad SAW) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (hypocrites) who dies, nor stand at his grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allah and His Messenger, and died while they were Fasiqun (rebellious, - disobedient to Allah and His Messenger SAW). (At-Tawbah 9:84)
- When the Prophet prayed over the munafiq, Abdullah ibn Ubayy, it was a mistake that Allah corrected using the Quran.
O Prophet! Why do you ban (for yourself) that which Allah has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (At-Tahrim 66:1)
- When the prophet said he won't drink honey anymore, Allah corrected him in surah 66:1
- If you quote surah 80:1, the shiites will say you are wahabi and you are slandering the Prophet.
(The Prophet (Peace be upon him)) frowned and turned away, ('Abasa 80:1)
- They will say that Abu Jahl frowned, not the Prophet.
- This is why you have to quote surah 66:1; this is the knockout punch for the Shiites.
REASON FOUR - TO ANSWER QUESTIONS
- Sometimes the sahabas would approach the Prophet and ask him questions about alcohol, orphans, menstruation, etc.
- Allah revealed surah 2:222 about menstruation.
They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they have purified (from menses and have taken a bath). And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah has ordained for you (go in unto them in any manner as long as it is in their vagina). Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves (by taking a bath and cleaning and washing thoroughly their private parts, bodies, for their prayers, etc.). (Al-Baqarah 2:222)
- It is haram to have intercourse with a menstruating woman until the menstruation stops and she takes ghusl.
- This is sharia law.
- The Quran was revealed in stages to answer burning questions that the sahabas put to the Prophet.
- They used to ask questions because they wanted to practice Islam properly.
REASON 5 - TO SOLVE A DILEMA THE PROPHET WAS FACING
- When the hypocrites accused Aisha of having an affair, the Prophet didn't know what to believe.
- The Prophet started to behave cold towards Aisha and she didn't have a clue why.
- The Prophet asked her to make taubah if she had an affair.
- Aisha asked for permission to stay with her mother because Aisha needed comforting.
- Allah revealed surah 24:11 and said that what the hypocrites said about Aisha was an ifk (a big lie).
Verily! Those who brought forth the slander (against 'Aishah the wife of the Prophet SAW) are a group among you. Consider it not a bad thing for you. Nay, it is good for you. Unto every man among them will be paid that which he had earned of the sin, and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be a great torment. (An-Nur 24:11)
- This is one of the reasons why Allah revealed the Quran in stages; to solve a dilema the Prophet was facing.
- Another example of a dilema that the Prophet faced was in regards to the tabuk expedition when three sahabas didn't go.
- They were Ka’b ibn Malik, Hilal ibn Umayyah and Maraarah ibn Rabi.
- The Prophet didn't know what to do with them.
- The Prophet didn't give them salam for 51 days
- When the Prophet excommunicated them, Christians even wrote them letters to join their false religion.
- Allah revealed that Allah had forgiven them in surah 9:118
And (He did forgive also) the three [who did not join the Tabuk expedition (whom the Prophet SAW)] left (i.e. he did not give his judgement in their case, and their case was suspended for Allah's Decision) till for them the earth, vast as it is, was straitened and their ownselves were straitened to them, and they perceived that there is no fleeing from Allah, and no refuge but with Him. Then, He accepted their repentance, that they might repent (unto Him). Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (At-Tawbah 9:118)
- The Prophet didn't know what to do; he had to wait for divine revelation.
REASON SIX - TO TIP OFF THE PROPHET ABOUT AN IMMINENT SCENARIO
- The evidence for this is surah 48:11
Those of the bedouins who lagged behind will say to you: "Our possessions and our families occupied us, so ask forgiveness for us." They say with their tongues what is not in their hearts. Say: "Who then has any power at all (to intervene) on your behalf with Allah, if He intends you hurt or intends you benefit? Nay, but Allah is Ever All-Aware of what you do. (Al-Fath 48:11)
- When Allah says sayaqool, Allah is tipping off the Prophet about a scenario which is about to happen.
- Another evidence for this is surah 48:15.
Those who lagged behind will say, when you set forth to take the spoils, "Allow us to follow you," They want to change Allah's Words. Say: "You shall not follow us; thus Allah has said beforehand." Then they will say: "Nay, you envy us." Nay, but they understand not except a little. (Al-Fath 48:15)
- If your enemy says, “we need to talk”, it means you have now become a force to reckon with.
- Allah tips off the Prophet about what to expect from the hypocrites twice in this ayah (48:15).
REASON SEVEN - TO INFORM THE BELIEVERS ABOUT THEIR BEHAVIOUR WHICH HURTS THE PROPHET
- One of the companions of the Prophet had a liking for Aisha.
- He said he will marry Aisha after the Prophet dies.
- The companion was Talha ibn Ubaidullah.
- The Shiites say Aisha and Talha were an item, two people that have an intimate relationship.
- Allah corrected the behaviour of Talha in surah 33:53.
O you who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses, except when leave is given to you for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation. But when you are invited, enter, and when you have taken your meal, disperse, without sitting for a talk. Verily, such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet, and he is shy of (asking) you (to go), but Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth. And when you ask (his wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not (right) for you that you should annoy Allah's Messenger, nor that you should ever marry his wives after him (his death). Verily! With Allah that shall be an enormity. (Al-Ahzab 33:53)