By Shaikh Abdullah Faisal Morning Dars: June 26, 2013
TAFSEER SURAH SAFFAAT - THE SEVEN DIFFERENT PARADISE
26 June 2013 (Morning Dars)
Notes by AT6
- The reason for this is because Allah doesn't want you to get bored.
- This is one of the beauties of Paradise.
- When you are in paradise eating fruits, the colour and the appearance of the fruits remain the same but the taste changes.
- You will get anything you want in Paradise so the fruits of Paradise are unlimited.
- Allah told you in surah 50:35 you will get anything you want in Paradise.
There they will have all that they desire, and We have more (for them, i.e. a glance at the All-Mighty, All-Majestic). (Qaf 50:35)
- We have something extra (mazeed); we get to look at the face of Allah.
- Bananas, grapes and pomegranates are some of the fruits that will be ample in Paradise.
In the Gardens of delight (Paradise), (As-Saffat 37:43)
- Even though we have seven Paradise, each paradise has 8 gates.
- So if you enter Jannatul Ma’waa it will have 8 gates.
THE SEVEN PARADISE
- Firdaws was made mention of in surah 23:11.
Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever. (Al-Mu'minun 23:11)
- The Prophet said when you ask Allah for Paradise, ask for Firdaws.
- Firdaws is the highest Paradise.
- At the roof of Firdaws is the Arsh of Allah.
So, when you ask Allah (for something), ask for Al-firdaus which is the best and highest part of Paradise." [Bukhari]
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and His Apostle, offer prayer perfectly and fasts the month of Ramadan, will rightfully be granted Paradise by Allah, no matter whether he fights in Allah's Cause or remains in the land where he is born." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle ! Shall we acquaint the people with the is good news?" He said, "Paradise has one-hundred grades which Allah has reserved for the Mujahidin who fight in His Cause, and the distance between each of two grades is like the distance between the Heaven and the Earth. So, when you ask Allah (for something), ask for Al-firdaus which is the best and highest part of Paradise." (i.e. The sub-narrator added, "I think the Prophet also said, 'Above it (i.e. Al-Firdaus) is the Throne of Beneficent (i.e. Allah), and from it originate the rivers of Paradise.") [Bukhari]
Ubadah bin As-Samit that the Prophet said, Paradise has one hundred levels and between each level is a distance like the distance between the sky and the earth. Al-Firdaws is the name of the highest of its levels. From it springs the four rivers and the Throne is above it. Therefore, when you ask Allah, then ask Him for Al-Firdaws. [Musnad Ahmad (5/316) No. 22747 and Sunan Tirmidhi (4/675) No. 2531]
- Firdaws is where the mujahideen who died on the battlefield will be.
- Jannatul Firdaws is for the prophets, messengers and those who were sincere in their faith like Abu Bakr.
- The Rasool said if he should take a khaleel (bosom friend) he would take Abu Bakr.
Behold, of all people the most generous toward me in regard to his companionship and his property was Abu Bakr (RA) and were I to choose anyone as my bosom friend, I would have chosen Abu Bakr (RA) as my dear friend, but (for him) I cherish Islamic brotherliness and love. [Sahih Muslim book 31:5869]
- Allah chose Prophet Abraham as His khaleel.
- This is the special status of Abraham.
And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). And Allah did take Ibrahim (Abraham) as a Khalil (an intimate friend). (Surah An-Nisa 4:125)
2) DARUL MAQAAM
- Daarul Maqaam means the everlasting abode.
- This Paradise can be found in surah 35:35.
Who, out of His Grace, has lodged us in a home that will last forever; there, toil will touch us not, nor weariness will touch us." (Fatir 35:35)
3) DARUS SALAM
- Darus Salam means the abode of peace.
- Allah spoke about Darus Salam in surah 10:25.
Allah calls to the home of peace (i.e. Paradise, by accepting Allah's religion of Islamic Monotheism and by doing righteous good deeds and abstaining from polytheism and evil deeds) and guides whom He wills to a Straight Path. (Yunus 10:25)
4) JANNAATI ADN
- Jannaati Adn means gardens of eternity.
- Allah spoke about Jannaati Adn in surah 98:8.
Their reward with their Lord is 'Adn (Eden) Paradise (Gardens of Eternity), underneath which rivers flow, they will abide therein forever, Allah Well-Pleased with them, and they with Him. That is for him who fears his Lord. (Al-Baiyinah 98:8)
5) JANNATU KHULD
- Jannatu Khuld means the everlasting garden.
- The word khuld means everlasting.
- This paradise was made mention of in surah 25:15.
Say: (O Muhammad SAW) "Is that (torment) better or the Paradise of Eternity promised to the Muttaqun (pious and righteous persons - see V.2:2)?" It will be theirs as a reward and as a final destination. (Al-Furqan 25:15)
6) JANNATUL MA'WAA
- Jannatul Ma'waa was made mention of by Allah in surah 53:15.
Near it is the Paradise of Abode. (An-Najm 53:15)
7) JANNATUN NAEEM
- Jannatun Naeem is translated as Gardens of Delight.
- Naeem means delight.
- Jannatun Naeem was made mention of by Allah in surah 22:56
The sovereignty on that Day will be that of Allah (the one Who has no partners). He will judge between them. So those who believed (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) and did righteous good deeds will be in Gardens of delight (Paradise). (Al-Hajj 22:56)
- These are the seven Paradise mentioned by the scholars of aqeedah.
- The scholars of aqeedah derived the names for the seven Paradise from the Quran.
- Each Paradise has 8 gates.
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the prophet (PBUH) said: "Whoever spends on a pair (of things) in the cause of Allah will be called in Paradise: 'O slave of Allah, here is prosperity.' Whoever is one of the people of Salah, he will be called from the gate of Paradise, Whoever is one of the people of jihad, he will be called from the gate of paradise. Whoever is one of the people of charity, he will be called from the gate of Paradise. Whoever is one of the people who fast, he will be called from the gate of Ar-Rayyan." Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "O Messenger of Allah, no distress or need will befall the one who is called from those gates. Will there be anyone who will be called from all these gates?" The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Yes, and I hope that you will be one of them." [Sunan an-Nasa'i]
The eight doors of Jannah are as follows:
1) Baabus Salaah: Those who were punctual in observing their Salaah will be granted entry through this door.
2) Baabul Jihad: Those who participated in Jihad will be granted entry through this door.
3) Baabus Sadaqah: Those who frequently gave Sadaqah will be admitted into Jannah through this door.
4) Baabur Rayyaan: The people who constantly observed the fast will be granted entry through this door.
5) Baabul Hajj: Those who observe the pilgrimage will be admitted through this door.
6) Baabul Kaazimeenal Ghaiz Wal ‘Aafina ‘Anin Naas: This door is reserved for those who suppress their anger and pardon others.
7) Baabul Aiman: This door is reserved for the entry of such people who are saved from reckoning and chastisement.
8) Baabuz Zikr: Those who excessively remembered Allah will be admitted through this door.
The abovementioned gates have been proven from authentic Ahadeeth. It is beyond our ken to understand the nature of these gates, and the manner in which one will enter them. Allamah Ibn Hajar has recorded the possibility that these doors are found inside paradise after entering the main gate.
- Each paradise has eight gates and these are the eight gates of paradise.
- You will be called to the gate of salah if you were diligent in salah and to the gate of fasting if you were diligent in fasting.
Facing one another on thrones, (As-Saffat 37:44)
- When you are in Paradise, you will be able to look at each other and face each other on thrones.
- Allah spoke about this scenario again in surah 83:22-23.
On thrones, looking (at all things). (Al-Mutaffifin 83:23)
You will recognise in their faces the brightness of delight. (Al-Mutaffifin 83:24)
Round them will be passed a cup of pure wine; (As-Saffat 37:45)
- There is wine in Paradise but it cannot make you become intoxicated.
THE RIVERS OF PARADISE
Narrated byHakim ibn Mu'awiyah
Allah's Messenger said, "In Paradise there are a great river of water, a great rivers of honey, a great river ofmilk and a great river of wine; then the smaller river will be divided off." [Tirmidhi 5650]
Narrated byAnas ibn Malik
When Allah's Messenger was asked what al-Kawthar was he replied, "That is a river Allah has given me (meaning in Paradise), whiter than milk and sweeter than honey, containing birds whose necks are like the necks of sacrificial camels." Umar remarked, "These have a pleasant life," and Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) replied, "Those who eat them have a more pleasant life. [Tirmidhi 5641]
- The rivers of Paradise were made mention of in surah 47:15
The description of Paradise which the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2) have been promised is that in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord. (Are these) like those who shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels? (Muhammad 47:15)
- The rivers of Paradise don't develop a foul smell.
- The milk in the dunya goes off but the river of milk in Paradise doesn't go off.
- Allah didn't say river of wine, Allah said RIVERS of wine.
- Each river tastes different from the other so you'll have a wide variety of wine.
- In the dunya they add sugar to the honey. The honey in Paradise is pure.
-Those who are condemned to the hellfire, their drink is boiling water and pus.
- Allah is comparing who will be better.
- Is it the sincere believers who inherit all these rivers or the person who is condemned to the hellfire and made to drink boiling water and pus?
- You can answer the question for yourself.
- The Rasool was shown four rivers; two were conspicuous and two were hidden.
- The Nile and the Euphrates are the hidden rivers.
The Prophet (saw) told us clearly about the rivers of Paradise. He said that during his Israa' (Night Journey): "...I saw four rivers flowing out from beneath Sidrat al-Muntahaa, two visible and two hidden. He asked, "O Jibreel, What are these rivers?" He said, "The two hidden rivers are rivers of Paradise, and the two visible rivers are the Nile and the Euphrates". [Muslim & Bukhaari]
THE SPRINGS OF PARADISE
- Not only will Allah provide you with rivers of paradise, Allah will also provide you with springs of Paradise.
THE SPRINGS OF PARADISE
In Paradise there are many springs that provide drinks of different tastes:
“Truly al-Muttaqûn [the pious and righteous] will be amidst Gardens and Water-springs” [15:45]
"Verily al-Muttaqûn shall be amidst shades and springs." [77:41]
Concerning the two Gardens which Allâh (swt) has prepared for those who fear their Rabb, Allâh (swt) said,
"In them [both] will be two springs flowing [free]." [55:50]
And concerning the two Gardens beneath them, He said,
"In them [both] Will be two springs gushing forth water." [55:66]
In Paradise there are two springs from which al-Muqarrabûn will drink pure and undiluted, whilst the Abrâr will drink their water mixed with something else. The first is the Spring of Kafûr, as Allâh (swt) says:
"Verily the Abrâr [the pious, those who fear Allâh and avoid evil, shall drink a cup [of wine] mixed with water from a spring in Paradise called Kafûr, A spring wherefrom the slaves of Allâh will drink, causing it to gush forth abundantly." [76:5-6]
He tells us that the pious will drink from it mixed with something else, whilst those close to Allâh will drink it pure and undiluted. The second Spring is of Tasnîm, as Allâh (swt) says:
"Verily al-Abrâr will be in delight [Paradise], On thrones, looking at all things. You will recognise in their faces the brightness of delight. They will be given to drink pure sealed wine, the last thereof [that wine] Will be the smell of musk, and for this let [all] those who strive who want to strive [i.e. hasten earnestly to the obedience of Allâh]. It [that wine] will be mixed with Tasnîm, a spring whereof drink those nearest to Allâh." [83:22-27]
Another of the springs of Paradise is called al-Salsabîl as Allâh (swt) says:
"And they will be given to drink there a cup [of wine] mixed with zanjabîl [ginger], a spring there, called Salsabîl". [76:17-18]
This is probably the same spring as that mentioned above, i.e. Kafûr.
- The ginger in Paradise doesn't taste like the ginger in dunya.
- Nothing in Paradise is similar to what is in the dunya except by name.
- We don’t know the taste of these springs and it is impossible to imagine how they taste.
White, delicious to the drinkers, (As-Saffat 37:46)
- Allah gave the colour of the wine in Paradise; it is white.
- It is a pleasure for those who drink it.
Neither they will have Ghoul (any kind of hurt, abdominal pain, headache, a sin, etc.) from that, nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom. (As-Saffat 37:47)
- When you drink the wine in Paradise, you will have no ghoul (hurt, abodominal pain, headache, sin, etc.)
- You will not suffer intoxication either.
- The wine in the dunya is haraam because it causes you hurt.
- It causes intoxication and it gives you abdominal pain.
- You are intoxicated so because of this you are incapacitated.
- How can you be a husband who is incapacitated when you are supposed to be the ameer of your household?
- You are incapacitated spiritually, physically, morally and mentally.
- If you drink alcohol, you have no salah for 40 days.
- Even though you have no salah for 40 days, you still have to pray to remain inside the fold of Islam.
‘Abdullah ibn Umar (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “If anyone drinks wine then his salah over forty days are not approved. If he repents then Allah will relent to him. If he reverts (to it), then Allah will not approve his salah over forty days. If he repents, Allah will relent to him but if he reverts (to it) then Allah will not approve his salah over forty days. If he repents then Allah will relent to him. Again, if he reverts the fourth time, Allah will not approve his salah over forty days and if he repents then Allah will not relent to him and He will give him to drink from the river of Khabal.” Someone asked, “O Abu Abdur Rahman! what is the river of Khabal?’ He said, “The pus of the dwellers of the people of fire.” [Sunan Tirmidhi (4/290) No. 1862, Sunan Nasa'i (8/317) No. 5670, Musnad Ahmad (2/35) No. 4917, al-Mu’jam al-Kabir al-Tabarani (12/390) No. 13441]
- When you are intoxicated you spill bedroom secrets.
- Wine is the mother of all evils.
"Avoid Khamr, for it is the mother of all sins"(Muslim)
- Alcohol is a lethal weapon of Iblis to sow the seeds of discord among Allah's servants.
- Iblis is always sowing the seeds of discord.
Shaitan (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from As-Salat (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain? (Al-Ma'idah 5:91)
- When shaikh was in prison he met people doing 25 years for murder.
- They murdered while under the influence of alcohol.
- Many people were under the influence of alcohol when they cheated on their wives or husbands.
- A woman is easily seduced after drinking alcohol.
- If you drink wine in the dunya you will be deprived of it in the akhira.
Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (RA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “Whoever drinks wine in this world and does not repent from that, he will be deprived of it in the Hereafter.” [Related by al-Bukhari (5575) and Muslim (2003)]
- Since those who drink wine in the dunya will not be able to drink wine in Paradise you need have sabr so you can drink it in Paradise.
- Many Muslims take up residence in darul harb for the sake of wine and zina.
And with them will be chaste females, restraining their glances (desiring none except their husbands), with wide and beautiful eyes. (As-Saffat 37:48)
- The women of Paradise don't look at anyone except their husbands.
- The women of the dunya fancy men who are not their husbands.
- Some women of the dunya are very promiscuous.
- 80% of the women of darul harb have had an affair.
- This percentage is even higher for men because men are more unfaithful than women.
- The women of paradise are so faithful; Allah said they only look at their husbands.
- They only fancy their husbands.
- Each man who is not a shaheed will have two wives when he enters Paradise.
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The first batch (of people) who will enter Paradise will be (glittering) like the full moon, and the batch next to them will be (glittering) like the most brilliant star in the sky. Their hearts will be as if the heart of a single man, for they will have neither enmity nor jealousy amongst themselves; everyone will have two wives from the houris, (who will be so beautiful, pure and transparent that) the marrow of the bones of their legs will be seen through the bones and the flesh." [Bukhari]
Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying that the inmates of Paradise would eat and drink but would neither spit, nor pass water, nor void excrement, nor suffer catarrah. It was said: Then, what would happen with food? Thereupon he said: They would belch and sweat (and it would be over with their food), and their sweat would be that of musk and they would glorify and praise Allah as easily as you breathe. [muslim]
Allah said that the breasts of the women of Paradise are ample.
Verily, for the Muttaqun, there will be a success (Paradise); (An-Naba 78:31)
Gardens and grapeyards; (An-Naba 78:32)
And young full-breasted (mature) maidens of equal age; (An-Naba 78:33
And a full cup (of wine). (An-Naba 78:34)
No Laghw (dirty, false, evil talk) shall they hear therein, nor lying; (An-Naba 78:35)
A reward from your Lord, an ample calculated gift (according to the best of their good deeds). (An-Naba 78:36)
- Equal age means age 33. You will be the same age as your wife. You will be forever young.
- Kaafir men brag after committing zina; you won't have this in Paradise.
- Allah said the breasts of women will be ample because this is what men love.
- Allah gives you what you love.
- The women of Paradise only fancy their husbands because men are offended when their wives fancy anyone else.
- If you have a wife who only fancies you, you should not divorce her.
- This is because we are living in a world which is full of treachery, deceit and unfaithfulness.
(Delicate and pure) as if they were (hidden) eggs (well) preserved. (As-Saffat 37:49)
- These women are delicate and pure.
- You should treat your wife like an egg in dunya.
- An egg is fragile so don't harm your wife in speech or actions.
- You should preserve her by covering her beauty in hijaab or even niqaab.
- The Prophet said the best of you are those who treat their wives the best.
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The believers who show the most perfect Faith are those who have the best behaviour, and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives".[At-Tirmidhi].
Allah said in surah 4:34 that men are the maintainers and protectors of women.
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see illconduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great. (An-Nisa 4:34)