SHARH BULUGH AL MARAM
THE BOOK OF FUNERALS
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
04 MARCH 2013 DARS ONE
I have seen a dua in which Rasool ALLAH took refuge from death by fire and drowning. How should I understand this dua?
- These are horrible ways to die.
- To die by fire is painful.
- He sought refuge from these painful deaths.
- This is why you are a shaheed if you die this way.
My question for those who have the rank of Shaheed but did not die on the battlefield, do they get to be in the Hearts of Green Birds?
- This is for those who die on the battlefield.
Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud (RA) was asked to explain the verse: Think not of those who were slain in Allah’s way as dead. Nay, they are alive. (3:169) He said, “Indeed we had asked about that and were informed that their souls are in green birds that go wherever they like in Paradise and return to the lamps suspended from the Throne. Your Lord looks at them out of familiarity and asks, ‘Do you desire anything more that I may give more?’ They say, ‘Our Lords what more may we seek while we are in Paradise moving about wherever we will?’ He then looks at them a second time, saying, ‘Do you desire Me to add something for you that I should give more?’ When they see that thay will not be spared (till they ask), they desire, ‘Return our souls to our bodies that we may go back to earth and be slain in Your path once more.."
[Muslim 4651, Abu Dawud 2514, Tirmidhi 3022, Ibn e Majah 2800]
- The other deaths are shaheed also but not first class shaheeds.
- The others are a class of shaheed but not the same as a battlefield death.
((there is no dhikr done when someone is washing the dead))
((there is no hadith on this))
((to make ghusl to wash the dead is mustahab))
((you dont have to make wudu, just wash your hands))
When a Muslim dies in non-Muslim land and there is no Muslim cemetery, does it matter which non-Muslim cemetery he is buried in? i.e. some govt cemeteries are used by all creeds of people like those who do voodoo etc. but the private cemeteries are expensive.
- These government cemeteries should be sectioned off.
- Different sections for each creed.
- To be on the side of a kaffir is not accepted.
- It is better to be buried in the forest.
- You can bury a Muslim in a thobe if you cannot find a shroud.
Can a woman wash her son who has past puberty if no one else is available?
- Yes if no one else is available.
- It is best that a pious brother does it.
- 7 years is the cut off age.
- After 7 when they are 8, females wash females and males wash males.
What happens to the deceased if a biddati washed the dead body?
- A biddati is allowed to wash the dead body of the deceased.
05 MARCH 2013 DARS TWO
Is it permissible to bury the Muslim in a land were he did not die in?
- The Sunnah is to bury the person where he died.
- Shipping people back home is makrooh.
- They should be buried within 24 hours.
Can a debt the deceased leaves behind be assessed in western currency such as dollars, pounds, etc. or other than that?
- There is nothing wrong with this.
- The reality is the US dollar is the money used internationally.
- English is the international language for business.
- Your local currency is only valid in your country.
If someone puts flowers and plants on the grave for the intention to avoid the grass cutters driving over the grave to cut the grass, is this a valid reason or not?
- Yes it is a valid reason.
- You are not allowed to walk or drive on graves.
- You have to maintain the dignity of the dead.
- The dead can hear but they cannot respond.
If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad SAW) like Him Who is the All Knower (of each and everything)
ولمسلم عنه: نهى رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - أن يجصص القبر، وأن يقعد عليه، وأن يبنى عليه
604. Jabir (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) prohibited whitening a grave with plaster, to sit on it or to build over it (such as a dome).'
[Related by Muslim]
Can a mother make dua for her son instead of the daughter and the father for his daughter? and Do you have to say the bismillah out loud when making ghusl or wudu in the bathroom?
- You can whisper it.
- You don’t have to say it out loud.
- You have to make the intention
- To say bismillah is not fard, it is sunnah for wudu.
- Haraam can be waived
- If you are choking and only alcohol is available you can use it to clear your throat.
Whoever disbelieved in Allāh after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allāh, and theirs will be a great torment.
- This ayat came down for a sahabah who *apostated* under duress.
are men allowed to give Dawah to women? Also, if Christian states that he/she does not want to be Muslim are you suppose to pursue Dawah with them?
- You are not allowed to give dawaah to every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Therefore remind (men) in case the reminder profits (them).
- You are not allowed to give dawaah to someone who is adamant in their kufr.
- Do not waste your time with them.
- You are throwing away silver and gold to the swine.
- You are allowed to give dawaah to women but not in seclusion.
Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab: The Prophet said, "...Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Devil makes a third..."
[Musnad Ahmad (1/26) No. 177, Sunan Tirmidhi (4/465) No. 2165, Mustadrak al-Haakim (1/197) No. 387, Sahih Ibn Hibban (12/399) No. 5586, Nasa'i in 'Sunan al-Kubra' (5/387) No. 9219]
- Some scholars say this goes for the internet as well.
- This does not apply to pm in Paltalk.
- The hadith means to be in seclusion physically with a woman.