QUESTION AND ANSWER:
APRIL 17 2014 - 17 JUMADA AL THANI 1435 HIJRI
BY SHAIKH ABDULLAH AL FAISAL
QUESTION 1: WHAT IS SHIRK AL ASGHAR AND AL KHAFI? PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US.
- Shirk al asghar means minor shirk.
- In Islam there is two types of shirk: major and minor.
- Showing off is considered a minor shirk.
- Slaughtering an animal in the name of a false deity is major shirk.
- Al khafi is inconspicuous which is not clear or visible.
- Tawassul is minor shirk.
QUESTION 2: SHAIKH, IF THE ASHARI AQEEDAH IS 90 % OF THE MUSLIM WORLD, WHAT IS THE REASON FOR IT?
- This is because the average Muslim is jaahil with no taqwa.
- Majority of shaikhs don't teach tawheed, they only teach fiqh.
- The Ashaaira say that Allah (SWT) is nowhere because He is not bound by time and place.
- The correct answer is that Allah (SWT) is above the Arsh.
- The Christians and Sufis say Allah (SWT) is everywhere. This is also wrong.
- Abu Hanifa (RA) used to make takfeer on people as such.
- Those who say Allah (SWT) is in heaven are also wrong because Allah (SWT) is not within His creation.
Abu Muti' Al-Balkhi reported: "I asked Imam Abu Hanifah about a person who says, 'I do not know whether my Rabb is, above the heavens or on earth?' Abu Hanifah, may Allah grant him His mercy, said: 'A person who makes such a statement becomes an apostate because Allah, the Exalted says, 'The Merciful has ascended above the 'Arsh, and the 'Arsh of Allah is above His heavens'. I further asked Abu Hanifah, 'What if such a person admits, Allah is above His 'Arsh, but exclaims, I do not know whether His 'Arsh is above the heavens or on earth'. Abu Hanifah responded: 'If he denies that the 'Arsh is above the heavens, he is an apostate." [Sharh at-Tahawiyyah, p. 288]
- Allah (SWT) is above the heavens.
QUESTION 3: IS TAZEEN SINGING SHIRK? THIS IS PRACTISED BY SOME MUSLIMS WHERE I LIVE?
- You have to ask your local scholar because the wording of these songs is unknown.
QUESTION 4: IF SOMEONE SUPPORTS A RULER SUCH AS SISI IN EGYPT, CAN WE SAY HE'S S NON-MUSLIM DUE TO NOT HAVING WALA AND BARA. ALTERNATIVELY, IS THERE AN EXCUSE OF IGNORANCE?
- Sisi in Egypt is a kafir and a taghoot.
- You have to make dawah to them to tell them that democracy is shirk.
- Democracy does not work.
- Morsi is also a taghoot.
- You cannot support those who believe in democracy.
QUESTION 5: I'M LIVING IN GHANA AND OUR MASJID IS NOT FACING THE QIBLAH, IS OUR SALAT REJECTED?
- In Guyana, many masajid are not facing the qiblah.
- It is necessary for the imam to face the qiblah.
QUESTION 6: MY MUM TELLS ME TO SHAVE MY BEARD TO GET A JOB IN GHANA, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- The beard is fard.
- You must find another job or establish your own business.
- This is the ijma of the sahabas.
- If a person shaves his beard, he is not a kafir.