SHARIAH VS DEMOCRACY
by Abu Abdullah
6th September 2014 / 12th Dhul Qaddah 1435 AH (Evening)
NOTES typed LIVE by tilmeedha1 & AT17
Edited and Formatted by AT5
WHY SHOULD THE RULE OF ALLAH BE SUPREME ON EARTH?
1) if other than the law of Allah is implemented on earth then it is major shirk
ALLAH HAS DIVIDED MAJOR SHIRK INTO 4 BRANCHES
i. Shirk ad-Du’aa and Shirk al-‘ibadah
- worship to other than Allah with regard to praying, slaughtering and asking others than Him
And when they embark on a ship, they invoke Allah, making their Faith pure for Him only, but when He brings them safely to land, behold, they give a share of their worship to others. (Al-'Ankabut 29:65)
ii. Shirk al-Hakimiyyah and Shirk at-Taah
- Shirk in legislation and Shirk in obeying other than Allah in matters regaring Allah
- obeying someone in contradiction to the laws of Allah
Or even do they have associates (with Allah) who have legislated for them as the religion that which Allah has not given permission? And had it not been for the Word of Verdict, indeed it would have been decreed between them, and surely the unjust will have a painful torment. (Ash-Shura 42:21)
- those who legislate to overrule Allah’s law commit shirk
...And if you were to obey them, indeed, you would be associators [of others with Him]. (Al-An’am 6:121)
They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah, and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him. (At-Tawbah 9:31)
At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Jarir At-Tabari recorded a Hadith via several chains of narration, from 'Adi bin Hatim (RA), who became a Christian during the time of Jahiliyya. When the call of the Messenger of Allah reached his area, 'Adi ran away to Ash-Sham, and his sister and several of his people were captured. The Messenger of Allah freed his sister and gave her gifts. So she went to her brother and encouraged him to become Muslim and to go to the Messenger of Allah. 'Adi, who was one of the chiefs of his people (the tribe of Tai') and whose father, Hatim At-Ta’i, was known for his generosity, went to Al-Madinah. When the people announced his arrival, 'Adi went to the Messenger of Allah wearing a silver cross around his neck. The Messenger of Allah recited this Ayah; They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah. 'Adi commented, "I said, ‘They did not worship them.’" The Prophet said, ((Yes they did. They (rabbis and monks) prohibited the allowed for them (Christians and Jews) and allowed the prohibited, and they obeyed them. This is how they worshiped them.)) … They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah… that the Christians and Jews obeyed their monks and rabbis in whatever they allowed or prohibited for them…" [Sunan at-Tirmidhi (5/278) No. 3095 and Tafseer at-Tabari (14/210) No. 16632]
iii. Shirk Al-Muhabba
- to show love that belongs to Allah to his creation
- they love them as they love Allah
And of mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allah as rivals (to Allah). They love them as they love Allah. But those who believe, love Allah more (than anything else). If only, those who do wrong could see, when they will see the torment, that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is Severe in punishment. (Al-Baqarah 2:165)
iv. Shirk niyaah
- the purpose and acts of deeds not for Allah, but for others
Whosoever desires the life of the world and its glitter; to them We shall pay in full (the wages of) their deeds therein, and they will have no diminution therein. (15) They are those for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but Fire; and vain are the deeds they did therein. And of no effect is that which they used to do. (Hud 11:15-16)
2) Allah says that worship is for Him alone
And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). (Adh-Dhariyat 51:56)
The two components of worship mentioned here
a) to obey in intentions
b) to obey in commands
- all of these are referred to in ibadah
- ibadah is general term for acts of worship; inward and outward
- that Allah accepts and is pleased with
- which is why Allah called those who do not rule by what Allah revealed kuffaar
- because they have obeyed other than him
...And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the disbelievers. (Al-Ma’idah 5:44)
We have a problem in the world today,
- Muslim practicing Islam but have not grasped their responsibility in Islam
- we cannot be half hearted in Islam
- we must embrace it completely and wholly
3) if Allah’s law is not supreme; many people will leave Islam
- we are witnessing this today
In regards to this; mankind is divided into 3 groups
a) those who have the will and power to worship Allah and fight to their utmost
b) those who are evil and willing to fight against Allah to the end
c) between these two extremes are the majority of the people
- they can be good believers, although they cannot stand tests and hardship
- if the law of Allah is not supreme these people turn to kufr
- these people are weak and if they are ruled by the kuffaar they could give way to the kufr
Abu 'Ammar narrated that a neighbour of Jabir bin 'Abdullah told him, I returned from a journey and Jabir bin 'Abdullah came and greeted me. So I began to talk with him about the divisions among the people and what they had started doing. Thus, Jabir began to cry and he said, 'I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) saying, "Verily, the people have entered into the religion of Allah in crowds and they will also leave it in crowds."' [Musnad Ahmad (3/343) No. 14737, Majma al-Zawaid al-Haythami (7/281) No. 12212]
Any book that Allah sent has 2 components
i. stories of the past, so we can learn from their experiences
ii. rules and laws of Allah to be applied
Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth so you may judge between the people by that which Allah has shown you. And do not be for the deceitful an advocate. (An-Nisa 4:105)
Allah does not need anyone to implement His Laws for Him, Allah is free from all that
- as a test for mankind, our father Adam took this responsibility of the Shariah
- Prophet Adam took the responsibility to implement the Laws of Allah on the dunya,
- so Adam (AS) was the first khalifah on the earth.
- because Adam was the first man on the dunya,
- and he was entrusted with implementing the Laws of Allah.
when the kuffaar tell you: ‘get out of my country!’
- you have the evidence; the country does not belong to the kuffaar
- rather it belongs to the Muslims because Adam (AS) was the first man on the dunya
- and he was entrusted by Allah to implement Allah’s laws
In regards to the Khalifah, we have seen a lot of controversy today
- because there is an Islamic State being established
- a lot of people are taking evidences from the kuffaar
- these kuffaar are people who deny: Allah, His Laws and try to separate Muslim from Muslim
- the foolish Muslims today listen to them and cause fitna
- and it disunites the Ummah of the Prophet (SAW)
All the Muslims that vote for democracy cannot call themselves Muslims,
- as they have committed shirk al-Akbar (major)
- all the Muslims who voted have the blood of the Muslims killed by the West on your hands
- why? By going against Allah and His Shariah by giving your allegiance to the kuffaar
Democracy is reverse psychology
- everything democracy says, take it as the opposite
- when they say: ‘they are bringing you freedom’, it’s bringing you imprisonment
- democracy is not freedom, it promotes freedom
- but it is really reverse psychology
- democracy says, ‘Allah’s Shariah is a poisonous ideology’
Anas ibn Malik (RA) narrated the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, ‘The time of the Dajjal will be years of confusion. People will believe a liar, and disbelieve one who tells the truth. People will distrust one who is trustworthy, and trust one who is treacherous; and the Ruwaybidah will have a say.’ Someone asked, ‘Who are the Ruwaybidah?’ He said, ‘Those who rebel against Allah and will have a say in general affairs.’” [Musnad Ahmad (3/220) No. 13322, Musnad Abu Ya'la (6/378) No. 3715]
Do all the world leaders who promote democracy speak the truth?
- so many times, Allah has exposed them
- the Muslims who voted for them to be their ‘Ameer’, these taghoot
- look at the policies in Gaza, many children and adults have been killed mercilessly
- and where was the outrage?
- yet one American, who was infiltrating the Muslim land and is killed,
- they say this is outrageous and disgraceful,
- yet when the Americans go dropping bombs in Muslim lands is not?!
- the moment you condemn the policies of these countries, these Moulanas come out and say these people are terrorists.
- yet none of these Imams have come out to criticise the policies of Cameron and Obama, why?
- because they are their pay masters
- these Imams who side with the tawghut, are the ones that need to be known,
- and these are the ones who are scared to speak out
Was it Islam that started the first world war and the second world war?
Was it Islam that killed many millions of red Indians in America?
Was it Islam that killed 1.8 billion Indians during the British Raj?
Was it Islam that killed many millions of people in Hiroshima?
Was it Islam that has killed 5 million people in Iraq?
- If we have eeman in Allah and love for the prophet Muhammad, then speak good about the sincere Muslims and sincere scholars and do not fear the blame of the blamers.
- We have to strive and struggle for the haqq, and to implement the sunnah etc.
And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided… (Aali Imran 3:103)
O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust). (Al-Ma'idah 5:51)
What is the story with the Imams in the west?
-Why are you following these people?
- when these people say in their khutbah and say it is halal for the Muslims to go for the lesser of the 2 evils and vote in elections.
You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything). (Al-Fatihah 1:5)
Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment. (Al-Baqarah 2:7)
- the truth will never penetrate these people, to stand in the khutbah is fulfilling the duties of the Prophet (SAW)
- the Imams have the responsibility and is at the forefront of his community. He should be protecting his community and not cause them to commit shirk.
The prophets of the past were called mad men and other bad names, similarly the scholars that are on the haqq have been called similar names.
We have an Islamic State, is it now allowed for us to believe what the kuffaar are saying?
- about the state of the Muslims, when the kuffaar are the ones who don’t believe
- and they believe in democracy, making everything halal; haram, and haram; halal
- Voting in democracy is haram, stop listening to the sell-out Imams that say it is halal
- Look at Mother Teresa, she did many good things for poor people.
- But she did it all in the name of Jesus, and so she died on kufr.
Narrated 'Abdullah and Abu Musa: The Prophet (SAW) said, "Near the establishment of the Hour there will be days during which Religious ignorance will spread, knowledge will be taken away (vanish) and there will be much Al-Harj." Al-Harj means killing. [al-Bukhari (7062) and Muslim (2672)]
Why are Muslims voting?
- Democracy is where the people have the deciding say on the constitution.
How can people full of desires, legislate and make haram-halal and make halal-haram?
- the media condemn the people who follow the salaf and follow the Sunnah, the 4 madhabs
- We must unite under tauheed in Allah
- Do not fall in the fitnah in regards to the Islamic State
- The brothers in the Islamic State have made mistakes
- A brother from Sham said some of these brothers from the West were jahil in regards to the deen, but they were the lions of the battlefield.
Why have you made it permissible to drop so many bombs on Iraq and now you want to side with the one who killed so many of his own people?
How can you disbelieve in Allah? Seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return. (Al-Baqarah 2:28)
- The Muslims boycotted the Israeli products.
- Now go one step further and boycott voting.