THERE IS NO RACISM IN ISLAM
by Shaikh Abdullah Faisal
16th September 2014 / 22nd Dhul Qaddah 1435 AH (Evening)
NOTES typed LIVE by AT3
Edited and Formatted by AT5
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ
وَمَا أُوتِيتُمْ مِنْ شَيْءٍ فَمَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَزِينَتُهَا وَمَا عِنْدَ اللَّهِ خَيْرٌ وَأَبْقَى أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ
And whatever you have been given is an enjoyment of the life of (this) world and its adornment, and that (Hereafter) which is with Allah is better and will remain forever. Have you then no sense? (Al-Qasas 28:60)
- So are you going to sacrifice your Hereafter for your dunya?
- The dunya is temporary
- The akhirah is eternal
Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world's life; but Allah has the excellent return (Paradise with flowing rivers, etc.) with Him. (Aali Imran 3:14)
Nay, you prefer the life of this world; (16) Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting. (Al-A'la 87:16-17)
Allah increases the provision for whom He wills, and straitens (it for whom He wills), and they rejoice in the life of the world, whereas the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter is but a brief passing enjoyment. (Ra'd 13:26)
- So there are many verses of the Quran where Allah mentions the hereafter and compares it to this world
- since the akhirah is eternal, how can we sacrifice the akhirah for the dunya?
أَفَمَنْ وَعَدْنَاهُ وَعْدًا حَسَنًا فَهُوَ لَاقِيهِ كَمَنْ مَتَّعْنَاهُ مَتَاعَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ثُمَّ هُوَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ مِنَ الْمُحْضَرِينَ
Is he whom We have promised an excellent promise (Paradise), which he will find true, like him whom We have made to enjoy the luxuries of the life of (this) world, then on the Day of Resurrection, he will be among those brought up (to be punished in the Hell-fire)? (Al-Qasas 28:61)
- Allah says the kuffar enjoy the luxuries of this world
Verily, before that, they indulged in luxury, (Al-Waqi'ah 56:45)
- so the kaafirs primary concern is luxury in this dunya
- e.g. they line up for newly released digital gadgets, games, trainers etc
Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, “This world is the prison of the believer and the paradise of the unbeliever.” [Sahih Muslim (4/2272) No. 2956, Musnad Ahmad (2/323) No. 8272, Sunan Tirmidhi (4/562) No. 2324, Sunan Ibn Majah (5/232) No. 4113]
- The dunya is a prison for the believer but paradise for the kaafirs
And whoever disbelieved, let not his disbelief grieve you (O Muhammad SAW), to Us is their return, and We shall inform them what they have done. Verily, Allah is the AllKnower of what is in the breasts (of men). (23) We let them enjoy for a little while, then in the end We shall oblige them to (enter) a great torment. (Luqman 31:23-24)
- believers must not fall into this deception of the luxuries of the dunya
- Kaafirs are also addicted to the pleasures of the flesh
…while those who disbelieve enjoy themselves and eat as cattle eat, and the Fire will be their abode. (Muhammad 47:12)
- why do they eat like the cattle eat?
- because their concern is their bellies and their desires of the flesh
Ibn Umar (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, “The believer eats in one intestine, while the disbeliever eats in seven intestines.’ [al-Bukhari (5393) and Muslim (2061)]
On the authority of al-Hassan that Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA) saw a man with a big belly and said, “What is this?!” The man replied, “This is Barakah (a blessing) from Allah.” Umar said. “No, it is a punishment from Allah!” [Hadeeth Muhammad bin Abdullah al-Ansari (pg. 52) No. 42, Mu'jam al-Shuyookh al-Subki (pg. 531-532)]
Shall We then treat the (submitting) Muslims like the Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists and disbelievers, etc.)? (35) What is the matter with you? How judge you? (Al-Qalam 68:35-36)
- Allah states that the 2 must not be compared - the dweller of paradise Vs the dweller of hellfire
- do not compare the 2
- we cannot even be buried in the same graveyard
- A Muslim and a kaafir are incomparable
وَيَوْمَ يُنَادِيهِمْ فَيَقُولُ أَيْنَ شُرَكَائِيَ الَّذِينَ كُنْتُمْ تَزْعُمُونَ
And (remember) the Day when He will call to them, and say: "Where are My (so-called) partners whom you used to assert?" (Al-Qasas 28:62)
- Allah asks a question here.
- Where are Allah’s partners?
Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allah only. And those who take Auliya' (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say) : "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah." Verily, Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever. (Az-Zumar 39:3)
- including those who call upon intermediaries
- thus Allah calls them liars and kaafirs
You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything). (Al-Fatihah 1:5)
- Did you know that Rasool (SAW) begged Allah to not allow people to turn his grave into an idol?
Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam from Ata ibn Yasar that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "O Allah! Do not make my grave an idol that is worshipped. The anger on those who took the graves of their Prophets as places of prostration was terrible." [Muwatta Malik (1/223) No. 570, Musannaf Abdur Razzaq (1/406) No. 1587, Musnad Ahmad (2/246) No. 7352]
- if you are not sincere then you may become a pagan
- and worship an idol eg grave, besides Allah.
قَالَ الَّذِينَ حَقَّ عَلَيْهِمُ الْقَوْلُ رَبَّنَا هَؤُلَاءِ الَّذِينَ أَغْوَيْنَا أَغْوَيْنَاهُمْ كَمَا غَوَيْنَا تَبَرَّأْنَا إِلَيْكَ مَا كَانُوا إِيَّانَا يَعْبُدُونَ
Those about whom the Word will have come true (to be punished) will say: "Our Lord! These are they whom we led astray. We led them astray, as we were astray ourselves. We declare our innocence (from them) before You. It was not us they worshipped." (Al-Qasas 28:63)
- the above mentioned ayah is clear evidence
- that both the leader and the followers will be punished in the akhirah
- This ayah is similar to:
When those who were followed, disown (declare themselves innocent of) those who followed (them), and they see the torment, then all their relations will be cut off from them. (166) And those who followed will say: "If only we had one more chance to return (to the worldly life), we would disown (declare ourselves as innocent from) them as they have disowned (declared themselves as innocent from) us." Thus Allah will show them their deeds as regrets for them. And they will never get out of the Fire. (Al-Baqarah 2:166-167)
- on judgement day people will turn on each other
On the Day when their faces will be turned over in the Fire, they will say: "Oh, would that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)." (66) And they will say: "Our Lord! Verily, we obeyed our chiefs and our great ones, and they misled us from the (Right) Way. (67) Our Lord! give them double torment and curse them with a mighty curse!" (Al-Ahzab 33:66-68)
- all these evidences prove that on the day of judgement
- we cannot blame any other but ourselves
- for Allah gave us aql (intellect)
And they have taken (for worship) aliha (gods) besides Allah, that they might give them honour, power and glory (and also protect them from Allah's Punishment etc.). (81) Nay, but they (the so-called gods) will deny their worship of them, and become opponents to them (on the Day of Resurrection). (Maryam 19:81-82)
- these false gods will deny you and become your enemies on the day of judgement
وَقِيلَ ادْعُوا شُرَكَاءَكُمْ فَدَعَوْهُمْ فَلَمْ يَسْتَجِيبُوا لَهُمْ وَرَأَوُا الْعَذَابَ لَوْ أَنَّهُمْ كَانُوا يَهْتَدُونَ
And it will be said (to them) : "Call upon your (so-called) partners (of Allah), and they will call upon them, but they will give no answer to them, and they will see the torment. (They will then wish) if only they had been guided! (Al-Qasas 28:64)
- the false deities not only
- only will they refuse to answer them in the hereafter
- but they refuse to answer their followers in the dunya
And who is more astray than one who calls (invokes) besides Allah, such as will not answer him till the Day of Resurrection, and who are (even) unaware of their calls (invocations) to them? (5) And when mankind are gathered (on the Day of Resurrection), they (false deities) will become enemies for them and will deny their worshipping. (Al-Ahqaf 46:5-6)
If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad SAW) like Him Who is the AllKnower (of each and everything). (Fatir 35:14)
- these ayahs are used to refute the callers of false deities
- Allah blocks the dead from hearing the dua of the caller to them
- out of mercy for the dead, Allah blocks this kufr, shirk and zandaqa
And [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said: "You have taken (for worship) idols instead of Allah, and the love between you is only in the life of this world, but on the Day of Resurrection, you shall disown each other, and curse each other, and your abode will be the Fire, and you shall have no helper." (Al-'Ankabut 29:25)
- why do they disown and curse each other?
- when people are guilty and are in deep trouble, they blame each other
- e.g. the republicans and the democrats blame each other due to the mess they have created in Iraq
- no one wishes to take the blame and admit their error.
- only a person who is lame, plays the blame game.
- Even friends will become enemies of each other on the day of Judgment
Friends on that Day will be foes one to another except Al-Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2). (Az-Zukhruf 43:67)
- only the pious ones will not turn on each other
وَيَوْمَ يُنَادِيهِمْ فَيَقُولُ مَاذَا أَجَبْتُمُ الْمُرْسَلِينَ
And (remember) the Day (Allah) will call to them, and say: "What answer gave you to the Messengers?" (Al-Qasas 28:65)
- Judgement day is also known as The Day of Calling
- so it is important to give our children good names
Narrated By Abu Darda': The Prophet (SAW) said: "On the Day of Resurrection you will be called by your names and by your father's names, so give yourselves good names." [Sunan Abu Dawood (4/287) No. 4948, Sunan al-Darime (2/380) No. 2694, Musnad Ahmad (5/194) No. 21739 (isnaad daeef)]
Ibn ‘Umar (RA) narrated the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “The most beloved of your names to Allah are ‘Abdullah and ‘Abdur-Rahman.” [Sahih Muslim (3/1682) No. 2132, Sunan Tirmidhi (5/133) No. 2834, Sunan Abu Dawood (4/287) No. 4949, Sunan Ibn Majah (4/672) No. 3728, Sunan al-Darime (2/380) No. 2695, Musnad Ahmad (2/24) No. 4774]
Abu Wahb al-Jushami (RA), who was a companion of the Prophet (SAW), narrated the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “Give your children the names of Prophets, and the most beloved of names to Allah are ‘Abdullah and ‘Abdur-Rahman, and the most truthful are Haarith and Hammaam [these names both refer to one who is always doing something, whether good or bad], and the worst are Harb and Murrah [meaning ‘war’ and ‘bitterness’ respectively].” [Sunan Abu Dawood (4/287) No. 4950, al-Bukhari in 'Adab al-Mufrad' No. 814 and Bayhaqi in 'al-Sunan al-Kubra' (9/514) No. 19307]
- do not call Muslims with offensive nicknames
O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.). (Al-Hujurat 49:11)
- only if the person is not offended by the nickname is it permitted to use such.
- e.g. do not call a Muslim by his Christian name
- as it may cause upset and offence to the revert Muslim
- we should not disgrace our Muslim brothers and sisters
فَعَمِيَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ الْأَنْبَاءُ يَوْمَئِذٍ فَهُمْ لَا يَتَسَاءَلُونَ
Then the news of a good answer will be obscured to them on that day, and they will not be able to ask one another. (Al-Qasas 28:66)
- They will look out for their relatives for answers
- but an answer will not be received
- because Allah will erect a wall between the believers and the unbelievers on the day of resurrection.
On the Day when the hypocrites men and women will say to the believers: "Wait for us! Let us get something from your light!" It will be said: "Go back to your rear! Then seek a light!" So a wall will be put up between them, with a gate therein. Inside it will be mercy, and outside it will be torment." (Al-Hadid 57:13)
- The non-believers will also want to benefit from the light of the believers as they will be surrounded by darkness
- however the wall will part the two sides
- inside the wall will be mercy for the believers
- and outside the wall there will exist torment for the disbelievers
And (remember) the Day He will say: "Call those (so-called) partners of Mine whom you pretended." Then they will cry unto them, but they will not answer them, and We shall put Maubiqa (a barrier, or enmity, or destruction, or a valley in Hell) between them. (52) And the Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists, sinners), shall see the Fire and apprehend that they have to fall therein. And they will find no way of escape from there. (Al-Kahf 18:52-53)
- Al-Ghashiyah - The Enveloping Day
فَأَمَّا مَنْ تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا فَعَسَى أَنْ يَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُفْلِحِينَ
But as for him who repented (from polytheism and sins, etc.), believed (in the Oneness of Allah, and in His Messenger Muhammad SAW), and did righteous deeds (in the life of this world), then he will be among those who are successful. (Al-Qasas 28:67)
- Allah is hereby talking about Taubah
- What is the difference between Taubah and Istighfar?
- Istighfar is to repent from small sins
- Taubah is to repent from major sins
- Allah doesn’t forgive shirk
Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin. (An-Nisa 4:48)
- the shirk referred to here is; major shirk
- but Allah has also told us that he forgives all sins, so how do we reconcile the two ayahs?
Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Az-Zumar 39:53)
- Here's the reconciliation:
- If a person dies in a state of shirk i.e. like Abu Talib
- then there is no hope for him; as per the verse in surah an-Nisa above
- However if a person embraces Islam and makes taubah from shirk before he dies
- then Allah will forgive him e.g. Khalid ibn Waleed
- who made such a taubah.
- Surah 39:53 is referring to people like Khalid bin Waleed
- Thus Allah forgives ALL sins, as long as taubah is made before one dies.
- This is how the two verses above are reconciled.
- When Wahshi wanted to embrace Islam
- he asked the prophet that I have committed so many sins
- zina, shirk, murder
- so what is there in Islam for me?
Ibn Abbas narrated that the Prophet sent someone to Wahshi bin Harb, the killer of Hamzah, to invite him towards Islam. Wahshi sent a message to him: "O Muhammad! How do you invite me towards Islam, and you say that the murderer, polytheist and adulterer will enter hell, will be given double punishment on the Day of Judgement, and will abide there, despised forever. I have committed all these sins. Is there a way for salvation for me in spite of all of this?" On this the following verse was said: "Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Surah al-Furqaan (25):70] Wahshi replied to this: "O Muhammad! This condition, `Unless he repents, believes, and works righteousness' is very hard for me." On this the following verse was said: "Allah forgives not the sin of joining other gods with Him, but He forgives Whom He pleases other sins than this." [Surah an-Nisa (4):116] Wahshi then said: "O Muhammad! It is purely at Allah's will. I am not certain whether I will be forgiven or not. Tell me whether there is any other way?" On this the following was said: "Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their souls; despair not of the Mercy of Allah; for Allah forgives all sins; for He is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Surah az-Zumar (39):53] Hearing this Wahshi said: `This is good' and he embraced Islam. Then the Companions said: "We also have the same questions in our minds which were asked by Wahshi" The Prophet then said: "The above glad-tiding is for all the Muslims." [al-Mu'jam al-Kabir al-Tabarani (11/197) No. 11480 and Majma al-Zawaid al-Haythami (7/100-101) No. 11315] (al-Haythami said: Abyan bin Sufyaan (one of the narrators in the chain) is regarded as a weak narrator by Imam Dhahabi)
Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Az-Zumar 39:53)
- So Allah revealed: the above ayah.
- Allah revealed this ayah of hope for us
- After which Wahshi embraced Islam.
- and on embracing Islam he killed Musaylima to atone for having killed Hamza
Ibn Umar reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, “Indeed, Allah accepts repentance of His slave as long as he does not gasp for last breaths.” [Musnad Ahmad (2/132) No. 6160, Sunan Tirmidhi (5/547) No. 3537, Sunan Ibn Majah (5/322) No. 4253, Musnad Abu Ya'la (10/81) No. 5717, Sahih Ibn Hibban (2/394) No. 628, Shu'ab al-Eman al-Bayhaqi (9/281) No. 6661]
Anas (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said, “Every son of Adam commits sin but the best of those who sin are those who repent.” [Sunan Tirmidhi (4/659) No. 2499, Sunan Ibn Majah (5/320) No. 4250, Sunan al-Darime (2/392) No. 2727, Musnad Ahmad (3/198) No. 13072]
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger having said: “By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if you were not to commit sin, Allah would sweep you out of existence and He would replace (you by) those people who would commit sin and seek forgiveness from Allah, and He would have pardoned them.” [Sahih Muslim (4/2106) No. 2749]
Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah will be forgiven except those who sin openly. It is a part of sinning openly when a man does something at night, then the following morning when Allaah has concealed his sin, he says, ‘O So and so, I did such and such last night,’ when all night his Lord has concealed him and the next morning he uncovers what Allaah had concealed.” [Narrated by al-Bukhari (5721) and Muslim (2990)]
- If a person commits sins and then he makes sincere taubah, then Allah will turn his sins into rewards.
Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Al-Furqan 25:70)
- If a person commits sins pre-Islam and then takes his shahadah
- then all his sins are wiped out
- same as an accepted hajj.
Ibn Shamasa narrated Amr ibn al-Aas said: “When Allah put the love of Islam into my heart, I came to the Prophet (SAW) to pledge my allegiance to him. He stretched out his hand towards me, but I said, ‘I will not pledge allegiance to you, O Messenger of Allah, until you forgive me my previous sins.’ The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to me, ‘O ‘Amr, do you not know that Islam wipes out whatever sins came before it.’” [Musnad Ahmad (4/205) No. 17861, Sahih Muslim (1/112) No. 121]
- when a person makes hajj all his sins are wiped out
Abu Hurayrah (RA) who said: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “Whoever performs Hajj and does not commit any obscenity [rafath] or commit any evil will go back (free of) sin as on the day his mother bore him.” [narrated by al-Bukhari (1521) and Muslim (1350)]
- Hijra too wipes out all of sins too
It is narrated on the authority of Ibn Shamasa Mahri that he said: ...He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Are you not aware of the fact that Islam wipes out all the previous (misdeeds)? Verily migration wipes out all the previous (misdeeds), and verily the pilgrimage wipes out all the (previous) misdeeds... [Sahih Muslim (1/112) No. 121]
Shaykh ul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rh) said, “The state of a place reflects the state of a person. It is possible to be sometimes a Muslim and at other times a disbeliever; sometimes sincere and at other times hypocritical; sometimes good and pious and at other times rotten and corrupt. Thus, a person becomes like the place of his abode. The migration of a person from a land of disbelief and profanity to one of faith and probity is an expression of repentance and of his turning away from disobedience and perversion to belief and obedience. This is so until the Day of Resurrection.” [Majmu’al-Fatawa, (18/284)]
- The place we live in can have a major effect on us.
- So to make hijra to darul-Islam from darul-kufr is a type of taubah.
وَرَبُّكَ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاءُ وَيَخْتَارُ مَا كَانَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
And your Lord creates whatsoever He wills and chooses, no choice have they (in any matter). Glorified be Allah, and exalted above all that they associate as partners (with Him). (Al-Qasas 28:68)
- Allah confirms that He is the creator
- and fashions us as He wills
- and we have no choice in this.
In whatever form He willed, He put you together. (Al-Infitar 82:8)
- thus we are not permitted to look down upon someone due to his race or physical features etc
- in Islam we condemn sins not skins
- but in darul-Harb they condemn skins not sins
- rather they glorify sins e.g. the movie Pretty Woman; glorifies prostitution.
- Brokeback Mountain glorifies homosexuality
O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2). Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Al-Hujurat 49:13)
- This ayah speaks out against all the isms
- racisms, chauvinism, etc
Saeed al-Jurairi narrated Abi Naddra told me of a sermon he heard from the Messenger of Allah (SAW) in middle during the Days of Tashreeq said: “O people, your Lord is One and your father [i.e., Adam] is one. There is no superiority of the Arab over the non-Arab, or of the non-Arab over the Arab, or of the red over the black, or of the black over the red – except with regard to taqwa...” [Musnad Ahmad (5/411) No. 23536]
Abu Huraira narrated the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “Indeed Allah has removed from you the blind loyalties of jahiliyyah and the pride for ancestry. Either be a pious believer or a miserable sinner. (All of) you are children of Adam, and Adam is from dust. Let some men cease to take pride in others, who are nothing but burning coal for the HellFire, it will be easier for Allah to handle them than a dung beetle driving his nose into filth.” [Sunan Abu Dawud (4/331) No. 5116, Musnad Ahmad (2/361) No. 8721]
Narrated Jubair ibn Mut’im: The Messenger of Allah (SAW), said: "He is not one us who calls for 'Asabiyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for 'Asabiyah or who dies for 'Asabiyah." [Sunan Abu Dawud (Vol. 2, pg. 753) No. 5121]
- The racist has the IQ of the dung beetle:
To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates what He wills. He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills. (49) Or He bestows both males and females, and He renders barren whom He wills. Verily, He is the All-Knower and is Able to do all things. (Ash-Shura 42:49-50)
- Allah gives some people boys, others girls, others mixture of genders and others no children
- the fifth category is that Allah also gives some with deformed children
- the worst category to be tested with is to have a child with a disability
Father cleared of murdering son:
وَرَبُّكَ يَعْلَمُ مَا تُكِنُّ صُدُورُهُمْ وَمَا يُعْلِنُونَ
And your Lord knows what their breasts conceal, and what they reveal. (Al-Qasas 28:69)
- Allah is the All Knowing of the past, present and future.
And with Him are the keys of the Ghaib (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in (or on) the earth and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but he knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record. (Al-An'am 6:59)
Say (O Muhammad SAW) : "I possess no power of benefit or hurt to myself except as Allah wills. If I had the knowledge of the Ghaib (unseen), I should have secured for myself an abundance of wealth, and no evil should have touched me. I am but a warner, and a bringer of glad tidings unto people who believe." (Al-A'raf 7:188)
- Allah confirms that no one but Allah knows of the ghaib, yet the Shia claim that their imaams know of such things.
SHIA HUJJAH: The Imams have knowledge of the past and future; and nothing is hidden from them. ( Al-Kafi vol.1 p.260 )
- If nothing is hidden from the imaams, then why did Hassan eat the poisoned food?
- This is how you checkmate a shia.
- Allah said that there are 5 things that only Allah knows.
Verily, Allah! With Him (Alone) is the knowledge of the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that which is in the wombs. No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and no person knows in what land he will die. Verily, Allah is AllKnower, AllAware (of things). (Luqman 31:34)
1) Only Allah knows when someone will die
SHIA HUJJAH: The Imams know when they will die, and they only die by their choice. (Al Kafi vol.1 p.258 )
2) When the day of judgement is
3) What the provision of a person is
4) The weather
5) The nature of what is in the womb
- The story of Musa and Al Khidr is an example of how the prophets didn’t even have the knowledge of the ghaib.
- which is why Musa was persistent in questioning Al-Khidr
- As he had no understanding or knowledge of the future.
...Then they proceeded further and found a boy playing with other boys. Al-Khadir took hold of the boy's head from the top and plucked it out with his hands (i.e. killed him). Moses said, "Have you killed an innocent soul who has killed none." Al-Khadir replied, "Did I not tell you that you cannot remain patient with me?"... [al-Bukhari (122) and Muslim (2380)]
He (Khidr) said: "Verily! You will not be able to have patience with me! (67) "And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?" (Al-Kahf 18:67-68)
- How on earth can one have sabr with something one does not understand?
...The Prophet added, "May Allah be Merciful to Moses! Would that he could have been more patient to learn more about his story with Al-Khadir." [al-Bukhari (122) and Muslim (2380)]